Chapter Forty-Three.

Rio stood looking at me, still holding the brick in her hand. The look in her eyes was enough to scare anybody – she looked so emotionally empty, yet so angry at the same. I’d never seen anybody look like it before; well apart the murderers in horror movies. All I could think of as she stood over me was the fact that if anything was to happen to me at this abandoned studio in the middle of nowhere, George would think I was still mad at him. I finally knew the truth and George would never know that. As Rio began laughing at me, I tried desperately to untie my wrist from the metal bar, but it was useless. Blood continued to drip from my wrist and down my arm, covering the sleeve of my jacket.

“Please Rio,” I begged. “You can have George – just let me go.”

She shook her head before dropping the brick next to where I was sat, missing my leg by millimetres.

All of a sudden, her phone began to ring. “Say anything and you’ll get it,” she snarled as she picked her phone up from her bag.

“Hello,” she smiled, answering the phone.

“George?” she grinned. “What’s up?”

My heart began to race. Why would George be ringing her? What if her plan was working and George had decided to use Rio as a rebound to get back at me, just like I’d used Tom?

“Really?” she asked into the phone, grinning at me as she watched me try to helplessly loosen the rope from around my wrist as it continued to rub away at my skin, causing more and more blood to run down my arm.

“Please?” I cried in agony.

“Really?” she asked, grabbing my car keys from besides where I was sat.

She completely ignored me as she ran towards the door at the back of the building. “Rio!” I called after her, wiping the tears away from my eyes as the pain from my wrist became too unbearable to cope with. “Please untie me.”

I heard the door open and then slam shut; as it slammed shut, a piece of the roof caved into the building, just meters away from me. A few seconds later, I heard my car engine start up and drive away. I was now alone, tied up in the middle of nowhere and nobody knew where the hell I was.

*

A few minutes had gone by since I heard the car drive away and I had given up on hope that Rio was going to come back to untie me, dragging myself to sit up properly with my right hand, I began another attempt to untie my wrist. Even trying to untie my wrist put me in more pain.

“Do you need help with that?” a voice asked from the end of the building.

I turned to see George stood looking at me. I didn’t know how to feel.

“Wh-wh-what?” I stuttered. “Didn’t you just ring her?”

He nodded as he walked over to me and began to untie the rope around my wrist, making sure he didn’t hurt me anymore than I already was. “I know everything,” he said, looking into my eyes as he managed to untie the rope. “I’m sorry.”

Wrapping his hand around my wrist, he tried to stop it from bleeding as I watched tears roll down his face through the tears that were in my eyes. “It’s not your fault,” I whispered, putting my other hand on his cheek to make him look at me. “I know the truth and I’m the one who should be sorry for actually believing her.”

“I don’t blame you for believing it,” George said, trying to put a smile on for my benefit. “She’s a manipulative girl. She even made me feel guilty as if I had been cheating on you.”

“I’m still sorry for believing her,” I sniffled.

“Stop it,” George smiled to me, wrapping his arms around me. “I promise that nobody will ever come in between us ever again.”