Chapter Eighty-Nine.

“Rubber dub dub, Katy’s in the tub,” I laughed as I watched Katy splash about in the bath, getting water all over the place. “Um.. Mummy really wants a meatball sub? Sorry Katy, I’m not good with rhymes.”

All of a sudden, a huge tidal wave of water came over the edge of the bath and got me soaked. Looking at Katy, I couldn’t help but laugh at her giggling away as she looked at me, drenched from the bathwater. “That was naughty.”

Putting my hand into the water, I grabbed a handful of bubbles and placed them on top of Katy’s head. Grabbing another handful of bubbles, I placed them under her chin to make a bubble beard. “There you go,” I smiled. “Katy-May Shelley is now Dumbledore.”

“Mama,” she grinned, blowing the bubbles from her mouth.

I sat on the bathroom floor in shock, looking at my seven month old baby in disbelief. She had just said her first word. I was her first word.

“George!” I shouted.

“Did she just say her first word?” George asked, walking into the bathroom within a matter of seconds.

“Were you hiding in the bedroom?” I asked.

“Does it matter?”

“No,” I smiled. “She just said ‘mama’. I win!”

“Are you sure it wasn’t just wind?” he joked, sitting down beside me.

“Katy, say it again for daddy,” I grinned to Katy.

“Mama,” she beamed. “Mama! Mama! Mama!”

“Well that’s not fair,” George groaned.

“Katy, who do you love the most?” I laughed.

“Mama,” she grinned. “Mama. Ma-ma!”

“Katy, can you say my name?” George asked. “What’s daddy’s name?”

“G-orge,” she grinned.

“At least I got my actual name,” he winked to me.

I smiled at him as he looked at me. Katy continued to say “mama” over and over again as me and George sat smiling at each other. He slowly leaned towards me. All of a sudden, another tidal wave of water came flying over the edge of the bath, soaking both me and George.

“Katy!” George said, leaning over the bath and grabbing her as she squealed while giggling at the same time.

I sat on the bathroom floor, wondering what this meant as George wrapped Katy in a towel and carried her into the bedroom as she carried on still screaming “mama”.