Chapter Sixty-Seven.

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” George asked as he put his jacket on.

I nodded as I sat on the sofa, playing with Katy as she laid in between my legs. “We’ll be fine,” I smiled, not taking my eyes off Katy as she stared back at me. “Won’t we, munchkin?”

“I’ll have my phone on me..”

I interrupted George, knowing exactly what he was going to say. “I’ll be fine,” I smiled, lifting Katy up and propping her on my chest as I laid back on the sofa. “Anyway, you’re going to be late for your meeting.”

“Okay,” he laughed as he leant over the sofa’s arm and kissed both me and Katy on our foreheads. “Love you.”

“Love you too, daddy!” I said, imitating a baby voice as I held hold of Katy’s tiny hand and waved at George.

“Love you,” George grinned to me as he kissed me again.

“Go,” I said, pointing to the door.

“Fine,” he whimpered and walked out of the door.

After a few moments, I heard the front door shut. “We’re going to have a ball today,” I said to Katy as I held her close to me. “We can watch Jeremy Kyle and then sleep all afternoon.”

As I laid on the sofa, talking to Katy about what plans I had today – which revolved around doing absolutely nothing, I heard a noise that came from the hallway. Knowing exactly what it was, I stood up and holding onto Katy, walked to the lounge’s doorway. Peeking my head around the doorframe, I saw George stood by the door. “Go,” I laughed.

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay with her on your own?” he asked. “They won’t mind if I cancel and I don’t mind cancelling because I know it’s really soon to be leaving you both.”

“I didn’t need any help carrying her for nine months. I didn’t need any help going through seven hours of pain during her labour. I think I can manage six hours alone with her, don’t you?”

George nodded. “Okay, I’m going.”

“Good,” I laughed. “Go before I throw you out.”

“Love you,” he grinned, opening the front door back up.

“Love you more,” I smiled.

I stood in the hallway, cradling Katy to make sure George actually went to his meeting. I even went into Katy’s bedroom and looked out of the window to make sure he got in his car and drove out of the car park.

*

“You can tell he’s not the father of the baby,” I said to Katy as I sat on the sofa watching Jeremy Kyle while she laid asleep on her play mat on the floor in front of the sofa. “That baby doesn’t even resemble anything like him. For God’s sake, the baby is black yet they’re both white. I’m not a biologist but even I can tell that that baby isn’t his.”

Picking another chocolate from the chocolate box that was on the coffee table, I sighed. “I’m gonna get fat,” I said to myself.

After another half hour of watching Jeremy Kyle repeats on ITV2, I turned the television off. As I sat on the sofa, pondering over what to do today, I grabbed hold of my phone from the coffee table. Scrolling through my contact list, I knew exactly who to text.

“Are you both free? I know George has that meeting thing, Jaymi’s away with Olly, Chloe’s back in York for the weekend and Elle’s working so I just wanted to know if you two fancied entertaining me and Katy for the day.” I sent to Josh and JJ.