Chapter Fifty.

Running through Hyde Park had never felt so refreshing. The gentle breeze ran through my hair as me and Chloe lightly jogged down the path with the sunshine shining brightly in the sky. Not even the sound of the hustle and bustle from the London workers commuting around the nearby streets could ruin the scenery.

“Sammy,” Chloe said as she stopped to catch her breath.

“Yeah,” I smiled, jogging on the spot as she leant on a tree.

“I need to talk to you about something,” she panted. “And I really don’t know how you’re going to take it.”

I stopped jogging and looked at her in confusion. “What is it?” I laughed awkwardly.

“You know when we were in St. Tropez,” she paused.

“Yeah..”

“And you know when you said that me and Josh should, you know, date,” she paused again.

“Yeah..”

“Well, we’re kinda seeing each other,” she said, waiting for my reaction.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she smiled as we began to walk down the path towards the café.

“That’s great,” I grinned, taking a drink of water from my water bottle. “Honestly, I knew you two would end up together as you’re just so alike.”

“It’s only early days still,” she giggled. “But I do really, really like him.”

“Let’s go get a coffee,” I grinned, changing the direction from which we were going in towards the car park to the direction that the café was in.

We walked into the little café that was fairly busy and down the queue towards the counter. After placing our order, I noticed that Chloe was grinning away to herself, looking pretty content with herself. It was so good to see her so happy. Once we had got our drinks, we sat down at a table by the window and looked out at all the runners jogging past.

“I’ve only just realised something,” Chloe said, looking at me curiously.

“What?” I smiled, stirring my coffee.

“You’ve got the baby glow,” Chloe grinned.

“The what?”

“The baby glow!” Chloe repeated herself, a little quieter than before to make sure nobody could overhear us.

“I heard what you said,” I laughed. “I just don’t get it.”

“Basically, expecting mums have this glow about them that makes them look so happy all the time,” Chloe explained. “You’ve got that.”

“Or maybe it’s just because I am so happy,” I giggled.

“I’ve never seen you this happy before though,” Chloe grinned to me. “It’s so good.”