Chapter Twenty-Nine.

“Morning,” I grinned to George, who was sat at the breakfast bar on his laptop, as I walked into the kitchen and turned on the coffee machine.

“Mmm,” George mumbled, concentrating on his laptop screen.

“Coffee?” I asked.

George didn’t reply at all.

“George..”

“What?” he snapped.

“Whoa, sorry,” I said, walking out of the kitchen to give him space as he was obviously in a mood over something.

“Sammy,” he called after me.

“What?” I asked, turning around.

“Come here.”

I walked over to the breakfast bar and looked at his laptop screen as he pointed to it. “What?”

“Read it,” he said.

Reluctantly, I began to read the screen.

They may have only been engaged for five minutes but it seems like their engagement is soon to hit the rocks.”

Within reading the first line of the subheading I knew instantly that everything in the article was going to cause friction.

Our golden couple, George Shelley of Union J and Sammy Jones met while on the X Factor 2012 and have been together ever since. The couple only announced last week of their engagement while holidaying together in New York before Christmas. While the majority are happy for them both, it seems some just want the truth to be told.

Truth? What truth?

Sources close to Sammy have told our reporters that during a rocky patch in their relationship late last year, Sammy took comfort in an old school pal and ended up getting closer to him than intended. Reporters managed to track down the school pal who in fact confirmed that he had been engaging in a relationship with Sammy since the beginning of her relationship with George.”

I couldn’t read anymore.

“Tell me it’s not true,” George said as I moved back from the laptop.

“It’s not true.”

“Then why don’t I believe you?” he asked.

I looked at him and went to reply but stopped myself before I even had the chance to say a word.

“Sammy..”

I hesitated for a second. “It’s not entirely false, but it’s not true either.”

“What do you mean?” George asked, looking confused.

“You know that night when we had that huge fight after we lost the baby and I stormed out,” I said, trying to get him to remember.

“Of course I do,” he said. “I spent hours trying to find you.”

“Exactly. I knew you’d try to find me so I went to Tom’s.”

The moment I mentioned Tom’s name, George looked angry. “Say you didn’t,” he begged. “Please say you didn’t sleep..”

I interrupted him. “I would never do that to you,” I pleaded. “But we did kiss.”

George looked at the floor.

“Honestly, George,” I paused. “It meant nothing. I guess I was just angry at you and once I realised what I was doing.. I ran straight to my mum’s.”