Chapter Eight.

Lying on the bathroom floor, I couldn’t even sit up without feeling sick. For the past 24 hours I had locked myself in the bathroom; no matter how many times Chloe had tried to drag me out, I didn’t budge. If I wasn’t feeling sick, I felt like crying and vice versa. The more I cried, the more I felt sick. The more I felt sick, the more I wanted to cry. It was a vicious circle. Like a never-ending record. I was dreading everything about the whole pregnancy and baby thing – I didn’t want any of it. Not yet, at least.

Clutching onto my teddy bear that had been keeping me company for the last 24 hours, I tried to relax, even though lying on the bathroom rug wasn’t the slightest bit relaxing. The second I closed my eyes, I felt sick again, as if something had just shoved its hand down my throat.

“Sammy?” a voice said from the bedroom as I threw up into the toilet.

“What?” I groaned, reaching up to flush the toilet as I leaned back against the bath.

“I’m home.”

With that, I jolted back to the toilet and threw up again.

“Are you okay?”

Opening the bathroom door, I managed to walk out into the bedroom, sipping my bottle of water through a straw. I sat on the bed and looked at him, wondering how I could even possibly tell him.

“Chloe just sent me in here as soon as I got here,” he said, looking at me worryingly. “Are you okay?”

I looked at him again and then back at the teddy I was still holding onto. “We need to talk.”

“What is it?” he laughed nervously. “You’re really scaring me now, Sammy.”

Grabbing hold of his hand, I pulled him to sit down on the bed next to me. “I don’t know how to say this,” I said, looking straight into his eyes.

“Just say it.”

“George,” I sighed, trying to bring myself to say it. “I’m pregnant.”

The expected look of shock on George’s face wasn’t there; instead there was just a huge grin as he held onto my hand tightly. “Are you serious?”

“Did you just hear me right?” I asked. “I’m pregnant.”

“I know,” he said, still grinning.

“Why are you grinning then?”

“Because this is good,” he smiled.

“Is it?”

“Sammy, it’s amazing.”

I looked at him, unconvinced at his statement. “We’re not ready for this,” I said.

“True. We’re not ready for it, but we weren’t ready for falling in love during the X Factor but we’ve managed pretty well with it so far,” he beamed. “Sammy, I know you’re freaking out but trust me. It’s going to be a good thing – I promise.”

“Be realistic, George,” I said, getting up from the bed. “It’s not a good thing at all.”

“Hungover?” Josh laughed as I walked into the lounge after walking out on George in our bedroom to see Josh, JJ and Jaymi sat on the sofa talking to Chloe as she sat on the floor.

“Pregnant,” I replied, grabbing my phone from the shelf and walking back into the bedroom.

As I stood in the doorway of the bedroom, I could hear the others asking Chloe if it was true as I flicked through my phone.

“What are you doing?” George asked me, getting up from the bed to walk over to me.

“Ringing my doctor,” I said, putting the phone to my ear, walking into the bathroom and closing the door behind me.