Chapter Forty-Nine.

Pulling up my top, I turned to George as he laid on the bed, surrounded by fan mail since it was his turn to reply to them all for this week. “Honestly, can you see the bump?” I asked him as I tried to stick my stomach out as far as I could.

“No,” he laughed, putting the letter in his hand down on the bed and standing up. “You’re just getting paranoid. Doctor Carter said you probably won’t show a proper bump for another few weeks.”

“If you look really close though and I mean really focus on my stomach, you can see a bump,” I said, turning around to face the mirror.

“That’s just you and your psychological thought,” he laughed, putting his hands on my stomach as he stood behind me. “You know you’ve got a baby growing inside of you so you can see the bump.”

“Still feels weird saying it, doesn’t it?” I grinned.

“What?” he laughed. “The fact you’ve got a tiny human being growing inside you?”

“Yeah,” I nodded. “A mini version of you and me but put together to make a mini Jammy!”

“Don’t ever call us that again, okay?” he grinned, kissing my neck.

“What? Jammy?” I giggled.

“Yes,” he laughed. “It makes me cringe when the media call us it – so how do you think it makes me feel when you call us it as well?”

“But I love Jammy,” I grinned, turning around and putting my arms around his neck.

“Don’t.”

“Is the J in Jammy getting.. frustrated? I whispered.

“Stop it,” he said sternly, trying his hardest not to smile.

“You love it.”

“Come on,” he smiled, pulling my arms from around his shoulder and towards the bedroom door. “We’ve got an appointment to see our little Jammy in an hour.”

“Exactly,” I said, trying to get out from his grip as he continued to pull me towards the front door. “An hour is plenty of time.”

“An hour and we’ll end up in double trouble,” he winked to me as he grabbed his keys from the table and opened the front door.

“Hold on a minute,” I said, yanking my hands from his grasp.

“What now?” he asked, holding the door wide open.

“I can’t exactly walk through central London with my top like this,” I smiled, pulling my top down so it wasn’t like a cropped top. “There.”

“Shame,” George joked. “You could have started a new fashion trend. We could have called it the soon-to-be baby bump viewing top.”

“Morning,” I smiled to the neighbours from across the hall who were walking up the stairs just as George said about the baby bump.

“Morning,” they both smiled in chorus before rushing towards their door and closing it behind them.

“Can you get any more unsocial than that couple?” George whispered to me.

“Would you shut up?” I grinned. “Your mouth could have got us in so much trouble then.”

“Trouble?” he asked, grinning at me. “You’re pregnant, not covering up a murder.”

“I soon will be covering up a murder if you don’t shut up,” I winked.

“Well I wanna see this baby before I die so are you ready?” George asked me.