Chapter Ninety-Seven.

“Are you going to be stopping at daddy’s tonight?” I cooed at Katy as she sat in her cot grinning back at me, hitting her bunny rabbit teddy’s head on the side of the cot repeatedly in excitement. “Hey, you’ll give Mr Bunny a headache doing that.”

“Dadda,” she gargled.

“Yeah,” I smiled as I sorted out her stuff into a bag. “Dadda.”

Rushing across the room to Justin’s bed, I grabbed Katy’s blanket and folded it up to place in the bag. As I placed it in the bag, my phone began vibrating on the bedside table. “Is this going to be daddy?”

I walked over to the bedside table and picked my phone up, expecting it to be George saying that he’s got an amazing surprise planned for Katy like he usually did when it was his turn to look after her.

“I know you’re gonna hate me for doing this at such short notice but only just managed to get signal. Me and Emma took a spontaneous flight to Rome Wednesday morning. We didn’t realise we’d be away for this long. Should be back on Monday. Sorry. G X”

Throwing my phone onto the bed in anger, I looked at Katy as she looked up at me with a grin on her face. “Dadda.”

I sighed as I walked back over to her. Picking her up, I propped her on my waist and smiled at her. “Change of plan, Katy,” I said, trying to hide my disappointment. “How about a night with Aunty Kayla and Uncle David?”

*

Standing on Kayla’s porch, I knocked on the front door. It was two hours until the final concert of the UK tour began and I still had to drive to the O2 Arena and get sorted.

“Hey,” Kayla smiled as she opened the door.

“I need a favour,” I said, rushing through the door and nearly knocking her out of the way.

“Come in, Sammy,” she laughed as she shut the door behind me.

“Sorry, I’m just in a rush.”

“What’s up?”

“Could you please look after Katy tonight?” I asked. “George was supposed to be taking her but he’s flown Emily, Emma, or whatever her name is to Rome so that’s not happening.”

“Of course,” Kayla said.

As I handed Katy over to her along with her overnight bag, I sighed a huge sigh of relief. “She should have everything she needs in there,” I smiled. “I’ll collect her tomorrow at 9am.”

“Sammy,” Kayla said as I made my way over to the door in a hurried manner.

“Yeah..”

“Chill out,” she grinned.

I smiled at her before walking out of the door towards the car. As I got in my car and fastened my seat belt, I looked over at Kayla as she stood at the door, holding Katy as they both waved at me. Waving back at them, I reversed off the drive, nearly knocking Kayla’s dustbin over as I did so. 

*

“You’re late,” Lisa said to me as I got out of my car in the parking area at the O2 Arena.

“I know,” I replied, grabbing my bag from the back seat of my car. “I had to drop Katy off at Kayla’s but it’s all sorted now.”

“Kayla’s?” Lisa asked in confusion. “Thought she was stopping with George tonight?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Anyway, what’s the plan?” I asked her as we walked into the arena together.

“The usual,” Lisa smiled. “Hair and make-up then get dressed before it starts at half 7.”

“Let’s do this then,” I grinned as I made my way into the dressing room to get sorted for the final tour date in UK.