Chapter Forty-Four.

“Do you know what’s funny?” George said to me as he sat on the edge of the bath as I threw up in the toilet.

“What?” I said, trying to breathe properly.

“We only found out three days ago but I’m really starting to get impatient,” he answered, flicking through a magazine as I threw up again.

“George..” I said, being interrupted by another explosion of vomit.

“What?” George said, rubbing my back as I threw up again.

“Shut up,” I laughing, flushing the toilet and drinking some water.

“I’ve decided that I’m gonna be the supportive boyfriend that I should be and gonna be here for you throughout the whole pregnancy,” he smiled, sitting back down on the bath. “I’ll be there for all of the doctor’s appointments – everything.”

“That’s cute,” I smiled. “Not true, but still cute.”

“It is true,” George said, following me out of the bathroom as I began to get ready to go on a shopping day with Chloe. “I wanna be there for you both.”

“What happens if its twins?” I joked. “Or triplets?”

George’s jaw dropped.

“George,” I sarcastically said with a serious look on my face as I pushed him onto the bed and sat down next to him, taking hold of his hand. “What if we have a whole town growing in me?”

“Well we’ll move to a huge house in the countryside and they can all have a room each and we’ll name them alphabetically so Albert, Bernard, Charles, Derek, Edward, Fred, Harold..”

I stopped him as I brushed my teeth. “What about girls’ names?”

“If you let me finish.. We’ll name the boys alphabetically and then name the girls alphabetically, so one female A and one male A,” he grinned.

“Shut up,” I grinned, kissing him.

“Mm,” he grinned as I kissed him again. “Minty.”

*

“I’ll be gone by the time you get back,” George smiled to me as I walked out of the bathroom, straightening my coat.

“Don’t go,” I whimpered as I walked over to the bed where he was sat on his laptop.

“I’ll be back in ten days,” he said, kissing my cheek.

“But that’s ten days,” I groaned, sitting down on the bed next to him.

“It’ll go quick,” he promised. “Anyway, you’d better go as Chloe will be wondering where you are.”

I looked at him. “Whatever,” I grinned. “I’ll miss you.”

“Not as much as I’ll miss you,” he smiled, tapping away on his laptop’s keyboard.

“Looks like it,” I joked as I gave him one final kiss and walked out the bedroom, grabbing my car keys off the side of the table and walking out the front door.

*

Pulling out a dress from the rack of clothes in the boutique, I admired it. “Try it on,” Chloe suggested as she saw me staring at it.

“What?” I asked, returning back to reality from my trail of thought.

“Why don’t you go try it on?” she smiled. “It’d suit you so well.”

“I don’t know,” I hesitated, putting the dress back on the rack.

“We’ve got to get you look amazing for tonight so when George sees the photos, he can be wishing he was at home with you and not on tour with the boys,” Chloe grinned, pulling the dress back off the rack and shoving it into my hands.

“But..”

“No,” she said, pointing to the changing rooms. “Go!”

I looked at her and sighed as she began to push me in the direction that the changing rooms were. She stood outside as I walked into the changing room, pulling the curtain closed as I took my coat off. Hanging the dress up on the hook on the wall, I looked at it. I couldn’t help but feel sad as I looked at it; it was so beautiful and well fitted - it was only a matter of time before I would show a baby bump and would no longer be able to fit into anything half as nice as this. I’d soon become the size of a whale and there’s no way George would find a whale attractive. I began to sob as I continued to look at the dress.

“Sammy,” I heard Chloe whisper. “Are you okay in there?”

“Yes,” I sniffled as I wiped the tears away with my hand.

“You don’t look okay,” Chloe said as she pulled the curtain back a bit and popped her head around.

“I’m fine,” I lied, wiping another tear away.

“What’s up?” she asked, walking into the changing room and pulling the curtain back closed after her. “Is it the wedding?”

“What?”

“Is it because you’ve decided to put the wedding off for a bit?” she asked.

I looked at her and then remembered the promise I’d made to myself – nobody would find out before the first trimester was up. I nodded my head even though it wasn’t that.

“Oh babe,” she sighed, putting her arms around me and pulling me in close for a hug. “There’s plenty of time for you two to get married.”

I nodded as I collapsed into her arms. I wish I could have told her the truth but I wouldn’t let myself – not after last time. Neither me nor George wanted to jinx it this time.