Chapter Eighty-Four.

Looking at the piece of paper in my hand, I read the address on it and then looked up at the huge apartment block in front of me as I sat in my parked car. “It’s for the best, Sammy,” I kept on telling myself but that didn’t stop a part of me wanting to go along with the tour.

I sat in the car for a few more moments, adding up the pros and cons of going on the tour with Justin and comparing it to the pros and cons of staying at home. After another five minutes of trying to convince myself that I was doing the right thing, I got out of the car and walked up to the entrance, locking the car behind me. As I walked into the entrance, I was amazed at how nice it was – not to mention how expensive it must be to live here. I found the elevators at the end of the entrance lobby and pressed the button.

*

Standing outside the front door of Justin’s apartment, I took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

“Sammy,” Justin grinned as he opened the door. “I wasn’t expecting you here so soon.”

“Um.. can I come in?” I asked.

“Sure,” he smiled, opening the door wide enough to let me past.

Walking into his apartment, I was amazed at how amazing it actually was. I knew it was in the top end of the apartments in London, but I never even dreamed that it would be as nice as this. Glass windows ran the length of the open-planned lounge, showing a panoramic view of the city.

“So, what was it?” Justin asked as I got distracted with looking around the apartment.

“Oh,” I said, remembering the reason why I was really here. “I’ve thought about your offer and..”

“And?”

“I’d love to,” I paused. “But Justin, I can’t.”

Justin sat me down on the plush leather sofa in the middle of the room that looked out at the stunning views of London’s skyline. “Sammy,” he began. “I know it could get difficult but..”

I stopped him before he had the chance to try and change my mind. “It’s a great honour, Justin. It really is. I’d love to tour with you as I’ve not really done a big tour like that apart from the X Factor Tour but that was just the UK and.. It’s just I can’t. I’ve got to think about Katy now and I can’t leave her. I know you said that she could come along and George but George has commitments here as well and I don’t want the first year of Katy’s life to be on tour. I want to do this, but I can’t.”

“I know what you mean,” Justin said.

“Thank-you for understanding,” I smiled.

“But I really do think this would do amazing things to your career as you’d gain so many more fans and touring like this is just a completely different experience to anything ever,” Justin explained. “We’d do everything we could to make sure it was perfect for both you and for Katy.”

“It’s a no, sorry.”

“Sammy, please,” Justin said.

“I can’t,” I sighed, standing up. “I’m sorry.”

Before Justin even had chance to try and change my mind again, I had already walked out the front door and towards the elevator. Pressing the button on the side of the elevator, I waited with a huge feeling of regret in my stomach. If I knew it was the best thing to do for everyone, why was I feeling regret? The elevator came after a few moments and I got in it. Waiting for the doors to close again, I looked down the corridor to see Justin stood at the door to his apartment, looking at me with a disappointed look on his face.

“Sorry,” I mouthed as the doors closed.

*

Turning the engine off, I sat in the car in the middle of the car park at mine and George’s apartment block. Resting my head on the steering wheel, I closed my eyes and tried to convince myself that I had just done the best thing.

“It’s for Katy,” I whispered to myself. “It’s for the best.”

Getting out of the car, I wiped away the tear from my cheek. As I walked up to the apartment, I kept telling myself the same thing – other opportunities like this would come up, but who was I kidding?

“Hey,” George smiled to me, walking into the lounge as I walked into the apartment.

“Hi,” I said.

“I’m gonna be out tonight at Jaymi and Olly’s as..”

I interrupted George before he had the chance to finish his sentence. “Okay.”

“Are you okay?” George asked.

“I’m fine,” I grunted as I walked into the bedroom. “Just got a headache.”

“Katy’s down for a nap so why don’t you have a nap too?” he suggested.

“Yeah.”