chapter 1

Louise POV

The sun is bright while birds chirped merrily. My heart enjoyed peace yet, my mind is in haze.

Time has come, as my eyes roamed around the palace. I can see how this place had stand firm together with its ruler. For some reasons, they are savage beast but enjoying their lives as royalty.

But truly, the royals are gifted with power and wealth. Everything screamed sumptuous and I am left with my mouth gaping wide.

I realize that the structure of this place is rather ominous. The entrance was made of one sheet of thick, solid metal and it was sealed shut.

Then laughing to myself, I realize that I look like a small pup with eyes gleaming in eagerness. Though I know the reason why, because the scene is too much for me and hell! Goddess would know how hard I tried to suppress my mouth from screaming in excitement.

Gulping down my nervousness, I stepped away from the balcony and moved deeper into the building. There were fewer portraits of people and most images were of wolves tearing into others during battles.
And all of these show history that the royals valued the most. But one portrait is quite different because among all, it is the only one who shows obscene image.

A beast-man mounting a topless female and her face contorted in a way that made me shiver.

Blushing, I blink my eyes and tried to erase my dirty thoughts or move my attention away from the dirty ideas and focus in other things such as observing the place and taking in the little details that I feel fascinated about.

And with too much effort, I made sure that I have the chance to savor this experience.

Then I scan the surroundings trying to understand everything within my mind.

But what really caught my eyes and attention are the walls with some beautiful swirls and traditional symbols carved on them. It made them look magnificent. Like a piece of art that adds an intimidating yet mysterious theme. And it drives question within my mind.

What does the symbol mean?

Why would the royals choose this kind of design?

I raise my hand and let my fingers trace the carvings and to my joy I felt a little calm.

"I can see your fascination with the carvings. And I didn't expect that a famous healer like you would set his eyes glued to these art," a baritone voice said from behind me, which made me jump in fright.

Goddess!

"I-I'm sorry I just-"

"You don't need to apologized healer, you came here for our king and we are more than thankful for that," he murmured before I heard his footsteps moves a little closer to my comfort.

I felt my nerves are running wild inside my head. Then again, I remembered why I am in a state of haze awhile ago.

Because I didn't expect that my life would pushed me towards this situation, where I need to face this kind of stage, a stage with hungry eyes watching my every move, calculating if they can pounce at me and make me submit.

So with trembling hands, I grip my satchel harder. Praying that he won't smell my fear and he won't smell my secrets.

"That carvings, symbolize a wolves creed, a creed for its other half, more of a promise. A promise that he will protect, own and love his or her beloved. And these carvings are important for us, the same with the idea of mates. Because wolves would need their mates to survive," he mumbled in a hopeful tone.

And even though I can't see him, still I can sense the hint of his smile plastered on his lips.

And I'm right about it, because when he finally made his way in front of me. My sight is greeted with his dreamy eyes as if he is in bliss just thinking about mates, as well with the sight of his lips stretched into a wide smile.