Chapter 3

I was trapped in the deep abyss and I'm not able to moved or able to grab any reason to justify why I am here.

I struggled and tried to find a little light to lessen the flood of panic crawling within my heart.

Then, I blinked my eyes for a couple of times to lessen the tension but suddenly I felt warm and thick liquid flowing against my calves.

I shivered and as I raised my head I saw this silhouette of a man.

Turning his back on me, this man trekked through the floating graveyard. Hundreds of corpse floated by, bumping on his legs as he sloshed through the remained of the blood flood. 

And as far as I could see, there stretched a sea of corpses which made my mouth hanged open.

The power radiating on this man made my knees trembled.

But suddenly the man changed into a beast, a black spider which then I realized that I was trapped within his web.

"Tori wake up!" My eyes flew open in panic but unexpectedly I saw Lily leaning herself forward while her face is painted with excitement.

"What?" I muttered and she just shrugged her shoulders while showing me her widest grin and I wanted to smack her head for that.

"Lily, how many times do I need to warn you that even though I have this thin fabric I can still—“

"Yeah I know Tori! You can still see me, and blah blah blah, I get it. But guess what!" I rolled my eyes hearing her change the topic like a bitch.

"Should I forgive you for waking me up?"

"Oh I know you would, because you love me."

I sighed but deep inside I felt relief because luckily she saved me at the right time.

Though, I hesitated to call those dreams nightmares.

Still, I did not want them, they were scary, and I would wake from them sweaty and with my heart thudding.

And yet...

In all of the dreams, at the end I remember how my mother would step close and gaze directly into my eyes. And then I would be small, like a baby which was held close in her arms.

My mother would cradle me and kiss my forehead as she whisper soft, pleading words, and words that I won't recall when I woke up in the morning.

But right now?

I fought each nightmare alone.

I am alone.

"Wait aren't you going to change your..." she motioned her hands towards my clothes and I stared at her unmoving.

"Why should I?" I innocently uttered and her forehead knotted.

I don't see anything wrong with my clothes.

This assassin suit makes me feel comfortable and this suit reminds me of my father.

I begin my quest for revenge. At first, the suit doesn't feel like mine, it exists in the shadow of my hatred.

But throughout my journey, I learned that I should fight and find my sense of justice, metaphorically filling out a suit which resembled my father's suit makes me remember that I had uttered a promise.

My suit becomes my own and changes to reflect what I have become.

My suit represents that even in death, my father's legacy guides me through life and vengeance.