30

Lukas' POV

Flasback

“No?!” she roars. “I can’t let you do that?!”

 He reaches out grabbing her by her upper arms.

 “YES!” I scream into her enraged face plagued by the worst betrayal. “You are my mother! How can I let you die where in fact you should live with me! You are my family so why should I let you leave me?” Tears are burning the back of his throat and the backs of his eyes, but he won’t let them fall.

 He shakes her again, roughly, as if he could shake his mother back to the surface again, but he knows deep down that he lost her.

 He lost her long ago...

 He lost both of the chance to be with her, he lost every part of the only woman he loved and cared for.

 He lost her…

 “Selfish... You're selfish!” His mother shoves her body against his, but he holds her still. “I spent years of my life in a goddamn hell because of your father and now you wanted to do the same!”

 “Mother, please listen!” His hands tighten around her arms so harshly that he knows he must be hurting her.

 “You. Are. My. Mother!” he wants to make her understand. He just wants her to be normal, to be…no—she can never be normal.

 “Don’t do this to me again,” Lukas say through an anguished voice, though he doesn’t know what he's saying—it’s his heart talking, not his rational mind.

 She breaks away from him and runs toward the bedroom door, but he grabs her around the waist before she gets too far away and he wrench her back into his arms.

 “Let go of me!” she screams.

 “No. Not until you understand what I want.” he holds her close with her back pressed into his chest, his arms tight around her naked form, his lips near her ear.

 He wants to cry.

 “You know what I want but you're selfish! Just like him! You're just like him! Now let me go!”

 “Please tell me your lying.” he can’t open his eyes. He just wants to savor this moment with her.

 He just wants to savor it.

 His hands are shaking. His heart is alive again, but he knows not for long. It’s afraid. Afraid of what’s going to happen to it when it knows she’s gone forever, when every part of her is gone forever.

 No one will stay with him inside this darkness.

 He squeezes her tighter, clutching her naked body against his as if it’s the last time he would ever going to see her again. The tears are burning. Fucking burning!

 “I hate you! You are not my son! Now tell me where's Lukas! Where's my little son! He won't let me stay cold like this! He won't let me cry! He always embraces me like this! But you are not him! Now I know why. My son will understand me! He loves me.” Tears roll through her body and her struggling begins to subside. “Please….”

 Suddenly she melts into him, surrendering not only to him but to the pain his words have caused. The weight of her body begins to drop as she slides down.