19..

Victoria's  POV

The rise above the river offers a commanding view of the valley. A good place to wait.

I look south, into the woods gleaming golden beneath the waning light of morning.

I can say that today will be easy, filled with travel across the corn and wheat.

We are headed towards the Alkeria, the largest town of the Northern Capital.
Yet, I am still nervous about something that I shouldn't care about.

I know that Lukas gave up his foolishness but I am not convinced that he would leave me alone.

Yes, I know that he perfectly believed my act of lying about the negative possibilities that he might achieve if he commit an affair with someone asides from his mate.

But still,

I'm uncomfortable around him, I don't know if it was an illusion yet, all throughout our walk, I can feel his gaze not leaving my body.

And I don't like it.

If only we are not traveling alone.
If only Edward is around to save my ass.

I won't feel like this.

And I don't even know when I’ll see Edward again as well with the other teams but Lukas talked to them about the meeting place and the time we should meet.

And I just hope it won't be long.

Because I might consider myself insane if this will continue.

I sighed before trying set aside the nagging feeling in my heart, I tried to put myself together by roaming my eyes around the familiar place, that I somehow felt myself attached.

But in spite of the pleasant breeze and the warm air, I still felt cold.

“Ahm lady, is it really you?” the old woman mutters at my side, filled with excitement and joy.

And I'm not shocked.

In spite of the circumstances, I feel a corner of my mouth lift, recognizing her voice. “Eliza.”

“My, you did visit the north again and I'm glad to see you my dear child. I am still thankful for your help. Do you want some tea? Come to my house after all, my husband will be delighted to see you again my child.” she chuckles, the wrinkles on her brown face deepening as she grins.

“I can still remember you giving me the same counsel more than once. Usually in regard to food.”

I break my vigil, looking away from the horizon to glance at her. “In that, the current remains true and the same.”
Her dusty laugh deepens, echoing out across the river and field.

Eliza is a human that has been a friend to me for five long years, close as an aunt and doting to be a good friend to me. She used her jokes to amused me and her own children.

Her presence is calming and the good thing was the idea that she somehow resembled my mother.

"Who are you?" Shit I almost forgot about him.

Lukas!

"Oh! You have someone with you—wait! Y-Your h-highness!—How? I-I—I'm sorry for my—"

"No it's okay you don't need to apologize. But why do you know Victoria?"

I folded my arms in front of me, feeling the edges of my new suit. Though, I love the old ones, I need to accept the fact that I can't wear it again.

And here I am with this king, the ruling king to be exact, I look woefully underdressed.