15. Home Again and Back Again-

It was a closing feast of this semester. The food was as delicious as the feast when he first got here. He braved himself and tried a lobster for the first time and he liked it. The school allowed everyone to stay up after curfew. Joel, Michael, Terry, and Anthony marched up to the Ravenclaw Tower with a full stomach. The older kids had mentioned there would always be a party in the dorm after leaving feast in the common room. They were excited to find out.

When they arrived in front of the eagle door, five fourth year ravenclaw girls were there to answer a riddle and the door opened wide. Rave music blared out from the common room, playing it out loud and magnificent. Joel and his mates entered the common room party.

'Woah!' shouted Terry, impressively.

The older kids were in their casual outfit, not the usual uniforms they had to wear every weekday. A lot were dancing and even had drinks on hand. People were talking over the loud rave music. Some were playing wizarding chess with a crowd, probably betting a galleon on the line. The dorm was lively with sparks of glee and spasming energy.

'They have drinks!' shouted Terry. He went to grab one by a table but it flew away. 'What?' said Terry. His friends started laughing as he tried to grab them, but it all flew away to the ceiling.

'You're not drinking any of that, young one,' said a fifth year prefect with a satisfied smirk. 'We bewitch it for fifth years and up only. Look around.'

Terry looked around and it was true. Only the older kids had a drink on hand.

'But you can take the smaller ones by the library. It's butterbeer,' said the prefect, then he went away to talk to someone in a more casual manner.

Terry and the others looked at each other. Terry shrugged. 'Annoying, but whatever,' said Terry. He went away to get one. Joel and the others followed him.

Joel liked butterbeer. He didn't have them in the muggle world. He had tasted the refreshing cold butterbeers, but he hadn't set to drink warm butterbeer until now. The taste was familiar, sweet delicious with a bit of bitterness to it. The warmth had the effect to warm you like a snuggly hug. The heavy cream was a nice touch of fun mustaches, along their upper lips.

The party was ten times better than his primary school ever did. You wouldn't see flying glasses, sparks of fireworks in a room, people flying on air, or someone was exploding books into pieces before it was fixed like it had never happened. He loved every minute of it. He and his friends laughed at people; made fun of the older kids doing silly things; though a bit taken aback by the amount of kissing and touching as well.

By 23:45, Joel fell asleep on a sofa, near the fireplace. He woke up next morning in his own bed, not remembering he had come up here himself. He checked a calender on the bedside table, to see that today was 25th December. Coming home day.

He swore he slept at the common room not in his bed. He looked at his other roommates. The boys were sleeping soundly there as well. He heard a sound of water shower from the bathroom. Anthony's bed was empty. Joel got his necessities and a change of muggle clothes as he went to the bathroom.

'Anthony?' Joel called, entering the bathroom.

'Hey! You're awake! Morning!' said Anthony inside his shower stall.

Joel took a shower in an empty stall next to Anthony's.

'Have someone moved me from the common room? I swear last night I fall asleep watching the fireplace and the older kids dancing and... snogging.'

'Yeah, I saw all of you levitate into the room, one by one, last night. I was awake in my room, thinking about going home and see my parents. I'm worried they'll ask questions about my academic progress, though... I feel like-- Anyway... yeah you lot were levitating to your own beds.'