66. News from the Wizarding World-

Last night ended with an hour long lecture. Their parents were livid.

Joel's side mentioned how disappointed they were on the rule breakings and Lizzy's poor state. Lizzy wouldn't have been in such a state if only he hadn't sneaked out that night.

Dad even got a nail hammer machine to permanently lock Joel's window. 'I don't want to do this to you, Joel, but if we can't trust you, we don't have a choice,' he spoke angrily as he jabbed the nails in.

Joel was grounded, staying in his room for a full summer week. He protested against it, only to have his dad turn soldier mode and put him in place, making him do fifty push ups in front of him.

He could only stay in his room except the bathroom. He wasn't allowed downstairs. He certainly wasn't allowed in the backyard. He absolutely was not allowed to meet Lizzy. They also took his cellphone away.

The grounding had only started and it was already driving him crazy. He stared out of the window, trying to open it for fresh air, but it was jammend shut by the fresh nails. The heat of summer got the bedroom toasty. He couldn't open it when Lizzy was calling.

'Joel, open up!' Lizzy shouted from her open bedroom window.

Joel pinched the bridge of his nose. He shook his head to her. 'He nailed it down! I can't see you!'

Flurry hooted in his cage.

'I know what you feel, Flurry... being stuck inside isn't fun,' he said. He went to his owl and got the idea to open it's cage. Flurry shot out and flew around the room. He certainly was happy and perched on Joel's shoulder.

The door was wide open despite his restriction. So Flurry flew out and went down to the first floor.

Mum screamed. 'Joel!' she shouted from downstairs. 'Flurry's lose!'

Joel laughed. At least he could do that. He glanced at his window. In the remaining hour before dawn, he watched the driveway to the street. It was empty.

But his smile dropped. There was someone heading over to the house. Bobby was seen. Bobby was going to Lizzy's. 'What is he doing here?' he shouted. He had to stop him. Bobby had done enough. He had to find a way to stop him. He had to stop him.

Dad was away to see progress on his job applications. Joel was hopeful he could get away if mum didn't find out. He carefully peeked downstairs, tiptoed down, and saw his mum in the living room. Flurry was resting on a sofa's armrest. A television ad was playing. He hid and whistled.

Flurry flew and perched on his raised forearm. 'Get mum distracted,' he whispered. 'Don't let her see me. I need to leave the house.'

The owl understood and swooped away. Moments later, mum was screaming, calling for Joel. She couldn't take the bird away from pulling her hair. Joel stealthily rushed pass the archway. Mum was trying to get rid of the owl, while Joel had left the house from the front door.

Bobby. The boy had just got on the front porch, never realizing Joel was running after him. Joel grabbed him by the collar and thrashed him up against the wooden column. 'Woah! Wait! Wait! Joel! Relax! Relax!' Bobby said frantically.

'Stay away from her!' he shouted. 'You hurt her already! Leave!'

'No! I'm just here to apologise!' he said deviantly. He took up strength as strong as Joel. But Joel had a tighter grip. They were locked in, pushing each other. 'I know I made a mistake and I'm here to say sorry!'

'There's nothing to say! You took advantage of her! She thought you were her friend and look, you used her Bobby! You used her for you selfish ass and she got hurt!'