49. Points Hunt and Fire-

Toby walked up into the boys dorm, up the spiral staircase to his dormroom. The door was open and he expected the room to be crowded, but somehow it wasn't. Something was off. He entered. The door immediately shut close. Joel Lisbon! He drew a wand, but so was Joel.

'I heard what you did to Lizzy yesterday,' Joel said.

Toby was irritated. 'Yeah, didn't mean to upset her.'

'You kissed her.'

'So what? I still have feelings for her.'

'She doesn't.'

'Well. Now I know.'

They stood there, for a solid minute.

Joel carefully put his wand aside to someone's bed. 'One on one. No wand.'

'Sure,' Toby said and threw his own wand to a bed.

Their hands fisted up by their heads, calculating their move to strike in. They carefully got closer, yet their feet made rounds to cover up their weak points.

'You know, Joel Lisbon, she doesn't even know you at all. What would she think of you acting all up and mighty like this. You don't mean anything.'

Joel was ready, assessing how to hit in the face. 'I don't care. Unlike you, I don't force her to like me back. Just being there for her is enough,' he said, then threw the first punch.

***

No one actually noticed the lost 10 points Sandra lost. Only her friends who cared enough to reprimand her about it haf known, like Yvonne and Yoko. No one else batted an eye for a small ten points. But the guilt was real, Sandra was obsessed with finding a way to get those points back.

Her plan was to try and answer two questions from Professor Sprout in herbology. The professor was kind. She should get ten points back easily... or so she thought.

She raised her hand, but Astoria Greengrass was quicker. How could she compete against Astoria Greengrass? That slytherin student had been dominating herbology since Sandra could remember. Naming parts of plants was Astoria's second nature. She could answer the questions in one breath, not batting an eye.

She moved on to other class subjects.

Potions wasn't an option. Professor Snape was too difficult. Lizzy was good at it, but even she had never received house points from the head of slytherin.

Arithmatics? No house points available. History was the same as well.

Professor McGonnagall's transfiguration was tough, yet she was the teacher that students would go to to get some small house points. She was generous to any students who could answer questions correctly. Yet Professor McGonnagall was the one who put the points and saw right through Sandra when Sandra tried to answer correctly. 'I'll reward you twenty house points if you're able to keep this wonderful motivation up for the rest of this term, Ms Flint. I know what you're trying to achieve,' said Professor McGonnagall, followed by classmates' leer. It was better to let someone else answer the questions instead of her banking the answers. Sandra backed off.

House points kept going up and daved her, but Sandra was obsessed to recover her own mistake.

Markus tried to persuade her, that it didn't matter anymore. The points kept increasing over than ten, but Sandra couldn't stop to get that ten points. She really felt like she owed them.

Charms class... The first person to master a charms spell subject would get five house points. The thing was, everyone's learning along the way. Charms was a practical method. Professor Flitwick was not one to dawdle with theory. Anyone needed practice for weeks until they mastered the lessons.