35. Divorce-

Sue sat far and stayed that way at the ravenclaw table and the classes. She refused to sit next to him, even though Joel had tried. He had tried to talk and ask what was wrong since this morning, but Sue didn't want to give him a single enlightenment.

'What's going on with Sue. I don't get it,' Joel said as he crouched by a pot of dirt during herbology.

'Just wait it out,' Terry said as he cut some roots off of a plant. 'All I'm saying is that you're dumb.'

Michael snorted.

'Mates,' Joel said. 'Help me out here.'

Terry sighed. 'I don't know, don't ask me.'

'Michael?' Joel frowned, trying to understand.

'Not a clue, Joel.'

Terry looked around and saw something beside Michael. 'Mike, can you get that scoop over there, yeah, that big one.'

Joel glanced at Sue, catching her looking back at him and immediately turned away. It was obvious Sue wanted to talk to him, but she refused to do her own will. Right after dinner, he pulled her away in the common room.

'What!' Sue protested. Her friends were ready to defend.

'Talk to me,' Joel demanded steadily.

Sue saw his determination and gave in. She dismissed her friends, making sure they leave up to the dormroom. 'Fine, what do you want to say to me?' she spoke as if it was a request for something obvious.

'Sue, I really really really don't understand why you're upset with me. I try to talk to you this entire day now. Why are you doing this?'

Sue looked surprised. Then she frowned.

'Just tell me... I'll apologise for whatever you think I have done.'

Sue sighed. 'I just want the same attention that you have to Lizzy Clark... I want you to feel worried about me, like you do to her... that worry look when you know something bad was happening to her. You immediately react to her problem... I saw it in your face. Can't you do that to me?'

Joel was quiet in thought. So now he knew why she was mad. 'She's going through a tough time, nothing else.'

Sue's frown deepened. 'You're an idiot,' she said and walked away.

'Sue,' Joel called, but Sue ignored him and went up to the girl's dorm.

***

She sat in a compartment, Hogwart's train. She sat, leaning on the window, watching the view passing her by so fast. Being the only passanger on this train, other than Professor Sprout -- sitting across on the other cushion bench, felt so empty. There weren't anyone running in the gangway, shouting or casting jinxes. There wasn't the presence of the trolley lady, arriving with the sweets. It was only herself, Professor Sprout, and the quiet.

She was left in her thoughts. It had been a long day at court. She was tired and dejected by today. She leaned on the glass window, watching the sceneries, the sun was setting, succumbing itself into the branchy trees.

A single tear escaped her eye and she wiped it quickly.

It was a long day at court's trial. Too much special words and long speech to keep up. She tried to speak against the decision of divorce, but each of the lawyers had managed to bring her into a corner and speak against both of her parents.

Dad was accused of abandonment: not being at home and not having any contact with wife and daughter for over six months.

Mum was accused as well, negligence: Always out working, lacking the care of Lizzy's wellbeing, and left her to someone else's care, a non family member, the Lisbons.