2. School-

Lizzy was excited to have this new little adventure! She was going to her first day of primary school nearby. Joel Lisbon was attending this exact same school and she had to ask him every single thing. She wore the new uniform -- red and beige.

The sky was a bit grey even though the rain had stopped last night. Her mum had put her in a raincoat and rainboots in case the sky decided to rain down heavily.

Lizzy jumped over puddles, splashing the little water pools anywhere on the street, thinking of this new school she was getting into. Mum promised her it would be a new little adventure! She was excited.

Her behaviour invited Joel to follow along. Behind her, Joel was jumping on the puddles she had stomped on. Her braided hair swung around as her feet made contact with the water.

'Be careful,' Joel's mum said, 'mind the holes. There might be some deep ones around here. You can get soaked through.'

They arrived. The school was bigger than what Lizzy had in mind. It was coloured beige and brown. Kids were all around from year one to six. She suddenly felt nauseous. Her excitement plummeted. Something was creeping inside her guts, trying to get out.

The four of them entered the main hallway from the front entrance. The first thing she noticed was the kids. Kids in this hallway were running around, shouting and laughing. They were very fond of each other while Lizzy watched them like watching fishes in the aquarium. These fishes were like piranhas: intimidating, and scary.

She knew no one in here. Unlike in her old school, she couldn't call out anyone. No one. Her insides were jittering with anxiety. Her hands gripped her backpack straps, trying to hold down all of this overthinking. Would anyone like her? Would anyone want to be her friend? She missed Katie, Danny, and Sadie.

'What's wrong, love?' her mum asked, putting off Lizzy's raincoat and boots to nearby low hangers and shelves by the entryway. She took Lizzy's school shoes out from Lizzy's backpack for the change.

Everyone wore beige and red, not the old ones she had back in Manchester. No one looked familiar. Where is that super tall headmaster who always greets everyone outside the building? Where are the security guards who always yell at people to get inside?

She watched the others. They all didn't bat a single eye. No one greeted her or even glanced at her at all. Things might not be the same as she had had back in her old home. This was not going to be the same as it was before. She was taken to reset.

No old friends. No old crampy and mouldy flat. No restaurants to look at.

She would be here---Monday to Friday---wearing beige and red. She wouldn't ever ride the car with her dad anymore. Dad wouldn't drop her off at school before going to work.

'You'll make new friends here, darling, don't worry,' Mum said, noticing her high trouble.

Joel stared quizzically; unable to understand what was going on inside Lizzy's head.

Lizzy gulped. 'O-okay,' she said weakly.

'Great!' Mum said and kissed her head. 'I'll pick you up at 13:30, alright? Go on. Joel will help you find your class.'

'Come on Lizzy,' the blond-haired boy said. 'It's this way.'

The hallway felt quite daunting as she followed him along. Kids were running about and shouting at friends, bumping Lizzy every now-and-then, but no one said sorry. No one checked up on her. She peeked at the other classrooms along the way. And she had passed four classrooms not realising that Joel stopped walking. She bumped Joel's backpack. 'Oh! Sorry Joel,' she said.