26. Jealous-

What a murky looking sky. It looked like it was about to rain for days. They said you could find dementors up there on the clouds. People advised others not to go looking for it. Too close to dementors would hurt you like they would do to prisoners of Azkaban.

Joel attended another quidditch tryout. He was there on the ground pitch, holding a broomstick.

The candidates were a 6th year student, two 5th year students, himself, Terry, and a 2nd year student.

Joel took a deep breath.

'Good luck, eh Joel, whoever gets it, gets it,' spoke Terry, patting him on the shoulder.

'You too, Terry...'

Not going to lie, as much as he liked Terry, it was annoying to have a go against him. Joel was surprised when Terry told him he had taken interest in the quidditch team now. Today, Terry was his rival.

Candidates flew on their brooms and stayed in a single row, a metre apart from each other, at the height of 500 metres. Spectators sat on the bleachers, watching. Joel's peers were there, cheering for him and for Terry.

'Alright!' the captain started.

So far, Joel excelled three tests. There were two more tests and the tryout would be done. There was a minute of rest where the candidates sat around on their brooms on air.

Joel looked around. Then he saw Lizzy and her three friends arriving at the pitch. All of a sudden, Joel started to have mix feelings, between being nervous and being cool headed. His body mixed in feelings of hot and cold simultaneously. His mind whirled around everywhere and his gaze seemed to zoom in five times than the usual. He feared acting like an idiot when she was there down at the grounds by a bleacher, watching him.

Someone called on Lizzy as she looked at the source of the call. It was Toby Turner, who was sitting at the middle row of bleachers with his friends. Toby waved, gesturing Lizzy's group to come over.

Lizzy and her friends waved back and settled up to sit with them. Lizzy sat right next to Toby, smiling so widely.

What are they talking about? Why is Lizzy laughing? Joel thought.

'Right! Listen up!' said the captain. 'Candidates! It's time for bludger test.'

The candidates flew in the middle, surrounded by current team members of the Ravenclaw quidditch team.

'Joel!' Terry snapped him. 'Let's go!'

Joel was in a daze. His attention was divided between the tryout and Toby's deal with Lizzy. Toby kept talking to her, instead of letting her watch the tryout.

Joel got into position. A bludger was held by the captain and another one was held by a goalkeeper. All Joel had to do was to dodge bludgers as long as possible. It was similar to what muggles say as dodge ball. Don't let the ball hit you. In this sense, don't let the bludgers hit you.

Lizzy and Toby laughed about something. What is it!

'Ready?' spoke the captain. 'Get set! Go!'

Two bludgers were thrown and aimed at the candidates. Candidates flew around, avoiding the bludgers. Joel moved, trying not to crash other candidates or get hit by incoming bludgers.

Every missed bludgers were caught by a team member and threw it back towards the candidates. Someone was hit and they had to be disqualified. Sometimes the captain had to yell the one's who got hit to leave, as the one's who was hit, didn't want to admit it.

Lizzy smiled sheepishly as she tipped her hair behind ear. What is she doing talking with that git?!

Joel tipped his broom a little too much to the ground, that his broom shot downward. But he flew back up to immediately.

A bludger hit Joel hard on the shoulder. It hurt so bad that he thought his arm was dislocated.

'Joel Lisbon! Out!' shouted the captain.

In annoyance, Joel flew away to join the others who lost. Lizzy watched and looked very disappointed. Joel felt ashamed of how poor he did on this test, embarassed to have Lizzy seeing this failure.

The surviving candidates were Terry and a second year. At least Joel could root for someone. Terry had to win this. Several moments of dodging later, the bludger hit the second year! Terry celebrated his little victory, flying a loop de loop on his broom.

Last test commenced. They were doing a goalkeeping test. A candidate had to at least safe three goals out of five.

Joel was going third. He waited patiently, while glancing at Lizzy. He didn't know why he had to, nothing special to be gained than seeing her talk and laugh with that Toby git Turner.

It didn't take long for his turn. The previous candidates were good and they scored more than three. Joel tried to ignore Lizzy. He took a deep breath.

First quaffle was thrown.

He heard Lizzy laughed loudly that he had to look. He missed the quaffle and it got into the ring. He felt angry from this act that his concentration completely faltered. He only managed to secure two goals in the end.

'Damn it!' shouted Joel in anger. He flew away and landed to the ground, dropping the broomstick onto the other spare stacks of them.

He was done. He wanted to go back to dormitory and stay in bed. He stormed away, not bothering to watch Terry who was coming on last turn. He didn't care about captain's closing speech. He didn't need to know what Lizzy was doing with that second year.

He just wanted to be left alone.