19. Lizzy's Sorting-

Lizzy stood at platform 9 3/4, nervously thinking about all the things Joel had talked of Hogwarts. It was happening. She was going to Hogwarts for the first time!

She twiddled her wand inside her robe uniform pocket. The wand she had bought at Ollivanders, when she had visited Diagon Alley with mum, Joel, and Frankie. Beech wood, unicorn hair, 11".

'You'll see the castle! It's huge!' Joel said.

Lizzy forced a smile. Her mum finished talking to Frankie, then hugged her.

She went to stand. Before she entered her coach train, she looked to the right. Joel smiled before getting into his own coach.

Lizzy took a deep breath. This was happening.

She got and and kept walking as she held her luggage until she found one empty compartment with only a girl in it.

The girl had long pale blonde hair and dreamy eyes. She was waving at her father on the other side of the window, who had the same hair colour with long hair.

'Excuse me...' said Lizzy shyly.

The girl looked. She smiled. 'Hello!' she said.

'Can I sit here with you?' Asked Lizzy, feeling hopeful.

'Of course! But watch out for gnome-fleas in the seats. My dad says they live inside unclean cushions and fabrics. They can eat your skin,' said the girl.

Lizzy was confused. 'Then how do I... sit down?'

The girl checked the seats. She patted them and brushed her palm over it either at her seats and the ones across. Then she sat back with a smile. 'I think it's safe!'

Lizzy smiled and nodded. She heaved her heavy luggage up on a shelf, then she sat down in front of her, near the window.

'I'm Lizzy, Lizzy Clark, and you?' Lizzy extended her hand.

The girl reciprocated a handshake. 'I'm Luna, Luna Lovegood, Luna.'

Luna looked around at the platform of 9 3/4. 'Did you know, bowtruckles can maintain healthy gardens? I have several of them at home.'

Lizzy curiouly asked, 'What's a bowtruckle?'

Luna looked so happy. 'You must be a Muggleborn! You're lucky you met me, I know lots of things about the Wizarding World, even the things they try to hide from us. My dad has a magazine company called the Quibbler! His magazines debunk things that the Wizarding World don't talk about. So, bowtruckle is...'

***

Joel found a compartment with some of his friends. Padma, Terry, Anthony, and Andika. Joel had the widest smile as he joined them, heaving his luggage up, he greeted them all in jolliness.

'Why are you smiling like that?' asked Padma.

The lot looked at Joel curiously.

'Bezoar?' offered Andika taking the bezoar out.

'No thanks, Andika,' said Joel, sitting down next to Anthony as Andika put his bezoar back in his pocket. Joel noticed his mates looked at him strangely. 'What? I'm just so happy we're going back to Hogwarts.'

'Did you win a price or something?' Padma asked.

'Yeah,' Terry spoke. 'We never see you smile like that.'

'Really?' Joel touched his face.

'Ohhh...' Terry spoke in realization. The others stared at him. 'You know, his friend.'

'Ohhh...' they spoke in united understanding.

Terry spoke in fake cough, 'girlfriend.'

'That girl you always send letters to?' asked Anthony.