22. Harry as Heir of Slytherin-

To people's relief, Mrs Norris was still alive. No one knew what or who did it. The school called Mrs Norris' state as being petrified. Now, the cat was kept in the hospital wing, still sleeping. Madam Pompfrey, the school's healer, took care of her as best as she could. But she was unable to take off the curse. Mrs Norris laid motionless on the bed, still breathing.

More victims came up. A seventh year Ravenclaw, Penelope Clearwater, got petrified. Then a week later, Hermione Granger, a second year Gryffindor, known to be a good friend to Harry Potter, was also petrified. The two girls were tended in the Hospital Wing as well.

Everyone were scared. Rumors spread in the air. Everyone made stories. Stories became more stories of different versions. Versions differ from mouth to mouth. But no one was sure who was right or wrong. No one knew or cared to find out the truth. All they cared about was to talk about it. To accuse, to speculate.

Teachers ordered prefects to put earlier curfews and students had to go everywhere together in an orderly line. Prefects escorted students to their classes everyday. Tedious job. Some people rebeled, those who were unlucky, had had detentions with Professor Snape.

But things died down a little when Christmas was coming. Lots of them went home, including those who wouldn't normally do.

Joel arrived back in Platform 9 3/4. He met his mum and hugged her tight. Mum was delighted. 'Look at you, getting a bit taller, aren't you?'

'Yeah,' Joel said, taking down his tensed shoulders. The stress left his body as he rested on his mum. When he backed away, Lizzy stood next to him with Mrs Clark.

'Liz,' Joel uttered half relieved to be back and safe. Lizzy smiled thinly.

The four of them walked home.

'Joel, isn't it scary? That petrification thing. What if it's coming at us?' Lizzy said to Joel on the way home.

'We have curfews and all those lining up... As long as we follow them, everything will be fine,' Joel said in an unconvincing tone. He himself wasn't even sure.

'I keep looking around the hallways, sometimes I feel like something's going to come at me and... just like that, I'll be petrified!'

'Just follow the prefects. I think everything's fine... I think.'

'I hope so. Hermione got petrified. Do you know her? She's in gryffindor second year like you.

'Yeah I know her, very nosy, super smart. Sometimes we think she's supposed to be in ravenclaw... But if you ask if I personally know her? not so much, she's always sticking around Harry Potter and Ron Weasley.'

Joel and Lizzy parted ways to their homes.

Inside, mum helped take his luggage upstairs.

'Oh Joel,' mum said for a second. 'Can you check if the christmas tree decoration is good enough for dinner tonight? Thanks.'

Joel went to check. He stopped at the doorway. He couldn't believe it. He scratched his eyes. He had to stare so widely. No way... no way! He was really there!

'Dad!' Joel screamed and ran.

Dad was in his pajamas. Clean and neat. His muscular arms were gentle as he embraced his son. 'Little Joe! You've grown a lot!' He took a good look at his son's face. 'You look so much like me now, oh my goodness! Don't tell your mum I said that---Golly, last time I saw you, you were so small! Look at you now, handsome lad!'

'I miss you so much, dad!' Joel said and hugged him tighter. 'When did you get home!'

Dad grinned, trying not to let tears drop out of his eyes. 'Just today, just this afternoon.'