81. Liam-

It was a slow day in town. Lizzy would be in the shop, waiting for customers. But since You-Know-Who had been proclaimed alive, less of wizards and witches would be out and about for leisure, even though this wizarding town was highly safe than Diagon Alley in London.

She got to walk around outside on lunch break. But most of the time, she went to visit Wendy Prewett in her fish shop down by the market. She went out with Wendy to eat at the nearest tavern where locals usually go. Wendy's friends of middle aged women would be there too.

'Hey grandma!' shouted an older boy at a table near the door's entryway.

Lizzy stopped to come over to him and two of his mates. 'Yeah keep it up, brown mud,' she said in amusement. Lizzy met him when she was hanging out with Wendy in the market, a week ago. The boy, who's real name was Liam, would make fun of her for hanging around old people all the time.

Now she started calling him brown mud because one afternoon, she stumbled upon him when she headed home. She passed by his family's land, where he was herding his cows on. Liam took this chance to call her grandma and didn't see a puddle of mud as he walked. He fell over, covered hinself in it. Lizzy laughed at him and from then on she called him brown mud.

'Aren't you tired of hanging out with the old hags everyday?' Liam teased.

Wendy heard that and took out her wand to throw a wooden mug on his head. 'Learn some manners, Liam Humbert. You're disappointing your uncle,' she said and headed to greet her friends over on another table.

Lizzy laughed and was about to leave, when one of Liam's friend, a girl named Daisy, offered, 'You can always sit with us, come here, you.'

'What! No, she'll infect us with her ancient brain,' Liam protested.

Lizzy found it amusing. 'My brain thinks this bench in particular is full of stinky mud poop.'

Daisy spoke in a smile. 'You've been here for two weeks and we don't know anything about you, come sit with us.'

The other boy, Finn, spoke, 'I hear you're Terry's cousin, right?'

Lizzy felt embarassed that she was known by the locals by that. And that was the only way to be sure that the Ministry officials or the aurors wouldn't suspect a thing. 'Haha, yeah.'

'Yeah, why are you here?' Liam asked rudely.

Daisy rolled her eyes. 'Don't mind him.'

Lizzy crossed her arms. She had a made up story about it. 'You-Know-Who happened.' They paused and looked at her. She smiled smugly. 'I live with my dad and he's a Muggleborn. He got kidnapped by the Ministry. So now I'm living with Uncle Tom.'

They looked around, hoping no one heard that.

'That's horrible,' Daisy said.

Finn spoke, 'You-Know-Who controls the Ministry from that. We also got that problem here. You have to hear this, listen here.'

Lizzy went to take a seat on a bench next to Liam. She sat down. 'Ow!' Lizzy let out. The bench moved a metre away, causing her to fall to the floor. Liam was laughing, still sitting on that bench. He had his wand up as evidence of his doing. Apparently, he found this prank funny. His mates laughed too, though he was the one who really enjoyed the cheeks.

'I really want to get you back,' Lizzy said annoyedly and finally sat down when the bench came back.

'Okay so, hear me out,' Finn spoke amusedly.

***

On weekends, when Joel didn't come home, she would visit them and play in the woods or in town.