41. Sack of Strawberry Sweets-

The panic died down eventually after a week. Nothing had happened after that night and people started to relax. On Lizzy's birthday, she got some little presents from her friends throughout the day. She got birthday cards, wverything was nice and dandy.

'Hey, Lizzy,' spoke a voice.

Lizzy was surprised when she saw him. 'Hey!' said Lizzy, cheerfully. 'Oh wait! Right! The bet!' Lizzy looked around and took some pumpkin pasties. 'This is enough. Don't bargain with me.'

Joel received it and laughed. 'Actually I want to give you this.' He had a sackful of something. 'Hey,' greeted Joel to Lizzy's friends.

Lizzy opened the sack and her eyes twinkled. 'From Honeydukes in Hogsmeade? Oh, I really want to go there!' she said excitedly. She glanced at her friends. 'We have to go to Honeydukes next term! We have to!'

'What's in it?!' Sandra asked, trying to peek.

'I've been there when I was little, it's the same sweets as anywhere else,' said Markus bitterly.

Lizzy ignored Markus' pessimism. 'There's loads! I can sell each of these! Oh. My. God. All STRAWBERRIES.' Lizzy took some out. Chocolates, hard candies, cakes, and many more.

Joel grinned. 'Well I'll get back, enjoy the sweets!' He went and sat down, found Sue glaring at him. Without a fuss, he ate the pumpkin pasties that Lizzy gave him out on a whim. 'What's wrong with you?' he asked easily.

Sue was highly offended and so was Isobel.

Terry snorted. 'This is drama.'

Sue spoke, 'That sack of sweets was for her?'

Joel rolled his eyes. 'Give it a rest, Sue. It's her birthday.' He ignored Sue's red face, while Isobel and Mandy were filling her head with false assumptions. As he minded his own, be heard Lizzy freaking out over the sweets and he couldn't help but smile as he listened to her chirpy voice.

'Fizzing whizbeez strawberry flavour?! What! I can't believe this! Stawberry bon bons! We definitely have to go to Honeydukes on our first Hogsmeade visit!'

'It's like you're making me look like a joke,' Sue yelled.

'Yeah, what's wrong with you!' Isobel added.

It was one thing Sue yelled at him, but it was another thing to have Isobel butt in. Joel didn't like Isobel's nosiness and he didn't hide it from her. 'Isobel, shut up.'

Isobel looked amused. 'What? You're going hex me, Joel Lisbon?'

'Yeah, what if I give you a bit of a bloat?' Joel challenged.

'I'm not scared of you, go on then, try me.'

'Let it go, Joel,' Michael said, sitting across.

'Mike!' Terry protested. 'It was going so well.'

'Don't listen to Terry,' Anthony said.

'Sue...' Padma tried to calm her.

Sue sighed. 'Yeah yeah. Isobel, dear, let's talk about something else.' In something else, that meant talking about someone else.

Joel took a deep breath of relief. He glanced at Lizzy for a second, seeing the brightly happy face she had had from the sweets, talking and eating the sweet in her mouth, laughing. That was all that mattered: to see her happy. He was also happy.