71. O.W.L-

Umbridge was a nightmare to members of Dumbledore's Army. She pretended to turn around when Anthony raised his hand to ask a question, to seem she didn't see. Then she instructed a kid to continue reading aloud passages in a book as a means to progress. When Umbridge's class was over, the kids hurried to their next class.

'I can't wait to meet our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher again,' said Terry in annoyance. 'Next year.'

Mandy smirked. 'Why'd you think she will be replaced?'

'She better be!' said Terry quickly. 'Fake Professor Moody was better than her.'

The group snorted.

'Can you imagine,' said Padma. 'If this time, she becomes a permanent teacher?'

'Oh god no, please,' said Anthony.

'Anyone's better than that devil,' said Terry. 'We'll be a squib if we're stuck with her here.'

'Okay, let's not go there,' said Sue. 'It's rude. Some wizards become squibs even when they try.'

'Oh... yeah sorry.'

***

Today, everyone were going home, except the fifth year and seventh year students. The fifth and seventh year were preparing for their exams tomorrow. Joel was sitting in a self-pulled carriage next to Lizzy and some of Lizzy's friends. He was reading his notes, revising his second and third year transfiguration.

Lizzy leaned in to see his neatly written notes. The note was simple. There were no cute decorations like Yvonne's note, but the writing was clear and easy to understand.

The carriage arrived. The kids were getting off. She nudged him by the shoulder and the boy stopped reciting to look at her.

'We're here,' she said.

Joel looked around and realized that the others were getting off the carriage. 'Oh!' he said in surprise. He followed them and looked a bit confused. He was mentally not present. His mind was still buzzing in Transfiguration.

'Last chance, Joel, I can stay for the rest of your exams,' she said, holding the heavy luggage.

Joel tucked his notebook under his arm, pulling her in gently to kiss her. 'Thanks, but you'll distract me... have fun for me.'

Lizzy hugged him, pressing herself onto him. Joel let out a breathy sigh endearingly. Her affection was what Joel needed.

'Good luck on your exams, I know you'll ace them.'

'Thanks, Lizzy...' he said.

She entered the train and found Sandra and the others in a compartment. She was the last person to arrive. Sandra had saved a seat.

'Finally,' complained Sandra.

***

They were in their pyjamas, still. In four hours, they had to go through their first O.W.L exam.

'Terry, can you quiet down?' spoke Michael. His eyes leered over his books to look at Terry. 'I can't hear myself think!'

Terry was sitting by his desk. He gave him a sharp stare, but he obliged. He looked back at his notes and started muttering in silence. His index fingers plugged into his ear holes.

Andika made some flashcards. Questions was to be answered. And he spoke his answers mutely. If he forgot, he checked the answers in the back of the question.

Anthony was in the bathroom, pacing back and forth, muttering theories. When he forgot, he checked his notes and continued to recite without glancing back at it.