45. Neighbourhood Gang-

The air smelled of fried bacon and beans. She went downstairs, seeing mum was up. It was unusual to see her this invested first thing in the morning. She sat by the kitchen island, watching.

Her mother had just fininshed and moved the bacon to a big plate. Then she fetched some eggs. As she turned around, she found her. 'Oh, morning, darling.'

Bacons, eggs, beans, and toast. Beside it was a jug of milk. 'What's the occasion?"

'I'm just trying to cheer you up. Last night was horrible. And your stuff from the tent's had just arrived. I assume Mrs Flint has anything to do with that.' Mum placed a plate and a fork for her.

Lizzy only smiled. She ate quietly.

Mum sat beside her. 'I can skip work today. Maybe we can go to shopping in the town square.'

'You don't have to do that. I'll just stay here.'

'Well... if that's what you want.'

Last night was harsh and hopefully everyone were alright now, she hoped. She didn't know what everyone were doing. After the riot, she had no of knowing Yoko, Sebastian, Markus, and the others.

***

His body was exhausted. He had ran around the field of campsites, looking around for owls, papers and quills. He located members of his team, while hiding from suspecting strangers. He didn't know if the people prowling around the area were the good guys. There was no way to confirm, other than the people he had already know.

'You two!' someone yelled when Joel and Terry left a tent. They were about to attack, but he got their wands.

Two others grabbed their shoulders. 'Let us go!' Terry shouted.

'Stay calm. We're aurors. What are you two doing?'

'We just want to get back with our friends. Let... go!' Terry tried to elbow a man behind him, but a rope slithered to bind his arms.

'What's all of your name?'

'Hell,' Joel replied. 'We won't tell you a thing!'

'Fine,' the man challenged. 'Doesn't matter.'

Without a choice, they got escorted into the pitch. A lot of people were there. People were crying. There were desks where people lined up to talk to the officials.

'Behave,' said the man who brought them here, letting the ropes go.

Terry turned around and gave the man's back the middle finger. As they walked around among the people, to their relief, some of their teammates and coach were already there. The coach got his way to talk to the officials and he was the one to take each of them home. That's how Joel got home safe.

Now, he was opening a fridge, seeing some things, but he settled for frying a couple of eggs, a toast, and a glass of milk. He sat at the kitchen island counter alone.

As he ate, he heard creaks and thuds from upstairs. Steps heard gping down the stairs. Mum was heaving with big belly, smiling tiredly seeing her son was already there. Shw joined in, taking an orange. 'You're up early,' mum said.

'Yeah...' he said. 'I can't sleep.'

'Last night must have been scary.'

'It's alright now, I guess. We hid behind trees when it happened. Then the aurors secured us into the pitch.'

'Aurors?' mum asked before drinking his glass of milk.

'Some kind of police, detective, military, or spy thing. They have their own law. Part of the Ministry.'