🥀Chapter Twenty Three🥀

Vanessa Collins

Upon going to work today, I was not expecting this.

I woke up in a indescribable mood this morning because tomorrow was the day that Franco and I will be having dinner. I wasn't too looking forward to it but I couldn't run so might as well get it over with. I don't know what will happen after ; if we will remain in contact or not. But I don't think it matters.

I wore a dark blue work pants and a white blouse to work today. My hair was in a bun and I had in my nub earrings. I took my bag and this time I walked with it on my arm instead of wearing it on my shoulder. I was having a mixture of different moods that when they came together it was all a big blur.

But as I said, I was not expecting this. I was at the entrance of the building and I watched everyone else gathered around to witness Mordechai's father shouting about. He was asking for his son who was surprisingly not here as yet. He seemed like the updated version of Mordechai's arrogance.

"I should fire all of you! How doesn't anyone know where their own boss is?!"

No one said a word and neither did I. He was really angry and the assistants looked scared. He turned around and his eyes met mine and he started walking over to me. I swallowed as he got closer and closer. I didn't think he knew who exactly I was.

"Who are you? I don't think I've seen you here before?", he said as he looked me up and down. Not in a disgusting way but more like menacingly.

"I'm Vanessa. Vanessa Collins, I'm your son's personal assistant", I replied as he stared me in the face. He was so intimidating. I only saw him once already and that was at the party and he didn't look this arrogant. Guess I was wrong to think that so soon.

"Dad?"

He was so close behind me that I could hear his shallow breathing. His dad glared at him for a few more seconds before walking off.

"We need to talk!", he shouted as the assistants made way for him to pass. Mordechai walked past and glanced at me for a few seconds before following after his father. I heard a car door slammed before seeing Tiffany walking up the steps as she flipped her hair to the side.

"Isn't it weird that she showed up a few minutes after the boss?".

I looked beside me and saw Deidra glaring at Tif. I've come to know that most of the girls here doesn't like her. Not that I blame them because your personality defines who you are. And Tif wasn't the type of person you want to hang around with.

"I'm going to my office", I say as she nod and I walked off. I went to the elevator and made my way to the top floor. As I stepped out of the elevator I heard the sound of something breaking and it came from Mordechai's office.

"I told you many times! I'm tired of repeating myself!", was the first words I heard when I got closer and it came from his father. I didn't want to seem like I'm eavesdropping so I went to my office and locked the door. I could still hear him shouting so I started some music on the computer.

I started looking through some files as my mind drifted to the dinner tomorrow night with Franco. I haven't even thought of what to wear. I rubbed my forehead as I felt some sort of stress. I haven't had anything to eat as yet and I still had a few hours before lunch.

I heard the slamming of a door which I assumed was by Mordechai's dad. He was really arrogant ; like father like son. There was a knock on the door and before I could answer it was pushed opened. Mordechai stood there and for the first time he looked a bit shaken up. He came in and locked the door before placing his back to the wall and placed his hands in his pockets.

I sat there avoiding his eyes whilst keeping my mouth shut. After what happened the last time I didn't know how to actually react. I knew his eyes were on me and I bet he was waiting for me to say something. Perhaps not but he knows that depends on what his next words were, I will be challenging him.

"How much did you hear?".

Our eyes met and he came closer as he looked down at my figure.

"I wasn't eavesdropping on your conversation", I replied as his eyes shrunk as if he was trying to see right through me. I groaned inwardly before crossing my legs and placing my hands on them."Can I help you sir?".

He tapped his chin before coming closer. So close that I had to untangle my legs and pushed back as far as I could go. He bent over and placed his hands on either side of the chair. Our faces were mere inches apart and I could feel his hot breath on my face.

"I haven't had my coffee as yet Miss Collins", he said as I rolled my eyes. I honestly didn't think he needed the coffee after what happened with his dad. I'm sure he had much more things to worry about than coffee.

"Rolling your eyes at your boss is disrespectful don't you think?".

I gave him a 'seriously' look as he tried to study me. That was something that no one had done successfully so good luck to him.

"We're going to Paris next week".

I looked up immediately as he stood up and went to the side of the room. I wasn't sure how to react to what he just said. Was he just playing with me even thou he doesn't seem like the type to play.

"What do you mean?", I asked as I stood up and looked at his back. He ran a hand through his hair before sighing deeply.

"I have a meeting that I will have to attend alongside my dad. I'll need my assistant with me ; it's a must. We'll be staying at my penthouse in Paris and pack enough for four days. Also bring something for a special occasion, we leave on saturday", he said before walking out and closing the door.

This was unbelievable. I've never been to Paris before but at first I thought what's the point of going if it isn't for fun? But I guess the experience was all that matters. I still needed to think about this more when I go home. But for now I got some work to finish up.

>>>>

"That's nice but I still don't fully trust him. After what he did I'm not sure you should accompany him to Paris assistant or not. Next thing he leaves you out on the street".

I listened as Devin talked on and on. He wasn't wrong to be concerned and I was too. At once I never cared and I would always think that Tiffany could easily be the one to run Mordechai's errands for him. But now I feel like I should take the opportunity and it would be a good break from New York.

"I want to go, I'm sure it won't be as bad as I think even thou I can't predict the future. It will be a good getaway", I say as I relaxed on the couch. I looked at the clock and saw that it was after six. My body felt exhausted and all I needed was a nice shower, some food in my belly and then some peaceful sleep.

"I guess it will be, just be careful. Anything can happen. By the way when is your date with Franco? Or is it gone already?".

"Its tomorrow night and I haven't thought about what to wear or -

"Just wear something wonderful. Besides I'm sure whatever you wear will leave an impact on everyone because you have a nice figure", he said as I hummed and thought about it.

"Thanks for the compliment", I replied as he nod before giving me a small smile. His phone started ringing and he got up to answer it. I laid on the couch for a good five minutes just deep in thought before getting up and going to my room.

I took off my clothes before going into the shower and turning on the warm water. I had so much things on my mind. What about Zed?. I haven't glimpsed or caught sight of him since what happened those nights ago. I was glad but I had a feeling something was bound to happen.

Something very unpleasant.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡