4: Out of the Blue

It was blue! Out of all colours, the colour blue. A colour connected to her mother. In front of her ran glimpses of a childhood. A blurry childhood.
Her little feet walking down an alley. Hopping up and down. Twirling, skipping. A gracefully young lady smiled past. Her soft hands touching the younger ones. A blue skirt swaying on her waist.

"Mère."
A word slipped out of her plump lips. Her long fingers going back and fro her long locks with blue undertips. Blue. A cold undertone. A typical french lass. With an undying love for art. Ballet to be honest. Her mother had put her into it at the age of three, as it was a symbol of everything a lady should be made of. Grace, elegance and patience.
Grace, elegance and patience. Why couldn't she just accept Sierra as she was? She wasn't made for ballet or choir just because her mother was. Sierra wasn't her mother.

Her eyes stuck on the undertips. How? That too such a bright dye! How can her hair change from chocolate to blue? She doesn't remember even thinking of dying her hair blue.
She would have screamed, not like she didn't the first moment she laid her eyes on the mirror. But the blue reminded so much of her mother. She didn't care of the blue tips. Besides, she looked awesome.
Her phone rang furiously. On a chase with time. Shuffling her fuzzy blanket and pillows. On her knees, rummaging over the small space. There it was ringing. Her group of souls.
"Hi?"
Keep your phone at an arms length if Jennie has things to say. Sierra chuckled. A mood booster. Her girls.
"Sierra, my cheeks. There are freckles on them. Freckles. I never had freckles before. Even yesterday..."
"It's okay. It's absolutely fine. You'll look good with freckles and if you don't like it, you can always opt for makeup. Good Unnie?"
"Maybe..."
Jennie felt at ease. All thoigh she didn't show it. Just her voice dropped lower. She knew, on the other side, the girl has fogured out whether or not she's assured.
Sierra shifted a bit. Her teeth sinking deep in her bottom lips. She trusts these girls with her live. Shouldn't she?
"Unnie, when I woke up today, the tips of my hair were blue. The blue mère liked."
Jennie could clearly hear the pain etched into her voice. At the first mention of her family. She didn't want to shush her down. She also didn't want her to feel more at pain.
"Your hair changed and freckles appeared on my skin..."
Sierra held the phone closer. Her heart beating to hear the anticipating words. Could it be the very thing she thought. Jennie's voice had never sounded more mysterious,
"Could it be that, Jisoo Unnie, Rosé and Lisa also changed in a way or other?"

"Sorry ma'am, but the bleach is clearly having no effect on your hair."
"What!"
Roseanne has never felt this helpless since she moved to Seoul. Her eyes widened, jaw hanging. Her back was starting to hurt from sitting down for so long. She didn't even have a bite since morning. And yet, they say her hair can't be dyed blonde? Bullshit!
In front of her was a reflection. Not Rosé. But rather Roseanne's or Chaeyoung's. A past soul. She never thought black hair suited her. But in front of her was a charming young lady. Long black locks swayimg by her sculpted face. The natural colour of her hair. A memory that hits back home.

"Hey!"
Jisoo couldn't help but smile, linking arms with a much glum Rosé. She was happy. Only change she went through is that her long glorious hair had curled up a bit. Lisa was also happy with her doll eyes. Blue-gray eyes. It added a bit more to her barbie agenda.
Not like Rosé didn't like her black hair. It's just that she liked her blonde ones better. And Jennie? She was used to hiding herself. Sad, but true. She's been bullied for being too beautiful. For having colder charms. Sierra was at the middle of the spectrum. She just didn't care. It's just a small change. Changes happen. Magic exists. And believing in things and being able to live for today is the magic of life.
"Do you think this magic will stay? Or will it be up at a specific time? Like Cinderella's? "
Sierra quietly sucked through the straw. Trying to get the boba pearl. Her cold hands picking up the temperature from the plastic cup. Her blue tips swaying by her waist and her messy hair adding to her aesthetic.
"I don't know Ra. Neither of us know."
Lisa tucked her long hair behind her ear. Smiling, caressing Jennie's hand with her long thumbs,
"You look gorgeous. All of us do. The blue tips go so well with your dark hair Sierra. Lisa looks so much like a doll with her blue-gray eyes. Rosé looks so enticing. So gorgeous. Her long luscious black hair makes her look mysterious. And Jennie..."
Jisoo snaked her arms around Jennie's fragile frame. Closing the gap between them, radiating comfort. She continued with a smile,
"You look cuter than before. These freckles, your hair, your cat eyes and cold charms don't overshadow your trueself. The warmth in you. The sillyness in you. You are beautiful, however you maybe. You deserve the world. Don't hide yourself Jendukie."
Jennie just smiled. Halfheartedly. Lying. She was alright. She knew how to lie.

Sierra waited, stupid enough of her to do so. But she waited at the same spot as yesterday. Trying not to doze off. Chin tucked on her knees. She knew he wouldn't stroll by again today. But still she decided to wait.
"So you're not coming are you? Bold of me to assume you would. I'm sorry if I'm acting as if I own you. I just thought you'd wait the same way as I did. I'd love to know you, other than your silhouette and your voice. But you're off on your own, I'm on mine. It's just that, yesterday, it felt good whatever we did in the span of a moment. It was nice meeting you. If we meet again, I'd be more than glad. But till then I'll ne doomed to wait. You indeed have put me under a spell. A spell I like."
Sierra murmured, a dreamy sigh escaping her lips. Her eyes on the night sky. It was beautiful here. A beautiful shade of night. Blue.