9: As if we were calling for each other

"Do you enjoy my company now?"
His back against the wall. Chewing on a lollipop stick. Hands inside his pocket.
She was crying, he could tell. The husk in her voice was rather wet from all the tears. He could tell.
"More than anything, Mademoiselle."
"What would you do if I change every morning? Like a chameleon. Would you still enjoy my company?"
Sierra hugged her knees. Shaking occasionally. How could she? Why did she?
She wanted to confied in him. Tell him everything. As they were nothing other than mere silhouettes and a voice. They didn't know each other. So even if she spills, he would be the last one she should be threatened about.
"Well, a rather weird question but tell me something. Does your heart change as well? Or do you change your outerself, yet the you inside stays the same?"
He shrugged. Maybe she was going through a lot. Should he step forward and help her? Maybe he should.
"I don't change inside. I'm still the same."
"Then why won't I like your company? We are just silhouettes to each other. Just a voice. A conversation that has me hooked. I don't know how you look, how you do your hair. I'd love to know that. But the only thing that keeps me hooked is you. The way you talk, the way you laugh. The way you wait for me. The small moments. For me that's you. And I don't care whatever change happens, if I can find the slightest bit of you inside your heart. I'll stay. I'll keep coming back."

It was all a dream. Please. Tell that it was all a dream. The small changes were good to go. But why is the changes changing their whole life now?
Rosé felt as if her chest were to crash together. Only thing that changed about her were that her diet. She usually ate a lot of junk and carbs but thankfully never gained. She was healthy. But yesterday, all she got to eat were salads, breads, low fat milk, fruits, smoothies and blanched vegetables. No rice or street food.
And today? Today came the wrecking ball. She was a goddamn modern dancer out of nowhere. Or that's what they were saying. As if everything around her had changed. Everything except her. She knew zero about professional dancing. That was something Lisa was into.
And here came the second drop. She was in a competition. Interschool competition. And she only has 1 month before the competition. And if she fails to bring the trophy, her chance for applying to scholarship programmes would lessen. A handicap indeed.

"Hey! No kids after 3."
Great! As if life couldn't be more miserable. First, the basketball team and then the change in closet. She lost all her beanies and baggy clothes. Just fitted dresses and trendy clothing items. Enough to flash her insecurities. Vitiligo. She just wants to get done with it.
He saw her turn. Her small figure turning with a fast movement. That small face and round cheeks. Those feline like eyes. Her hair. Small freckles. Anger on her nose.
"Cute."
He murmured to himself. He didn't know the Kims had such a beautifully adorable daughter. Jennie Kim. It would be fun to play against you.
"Listen, I have nothing against you..."
Her eyes squinted, trying to read his number off of his jersey. Yellow bold letters,
"M...I...N... MIN? Min."
A dim light lit up at a striking pace. The same surname. Min. Of course he can be someone else. But he can be the same Min as well.
"Who are you?"
He chuckled. Bitterly enough to boil Jennie's blood. His gummy smile was teasing her as if. He leaned in, a mischievously dark shadow in his eyes,
"You know me way too well, Kim."
"IT IS YOU! YOU JERK!"
"Ah. Mind your language kiddo Kim."
"Who the fuck are you calling a kiddo? Huh?"
He pursed his lips together. Hiding a gummy smile. Distinctively pronouncing the small word,
"You."
"You bitch!"
No one in this building had ever seen Jennie Kim this mad. I repeat, no one. Not one soul. Cheeks red, eyes burning like the hell's pit. Small fists balled up. Stance strong. She can kill someone just by a glare.
He just chuckled. He found it amusing. He found her amusing. He thought she would be a brat, but turns out she is just a cute fuzzball. He wanted to pull those cheeks so bad. Would it make her more angry? Maybe not today. Today he can just tease her. Till his heart's content.
"Don't curse, Kim. Your parents won't like it, would they? Their ideal daughter has learned how to swear. Oh my Gosh! Mommy Kim would just faint!"
"Shut it Min!"

"Lisa?"
A high ponytail. Unshakeable bangs. Eyes fluttering towards the source of the voice. Her heart missed a beat. He had changed.
"Jeon Jungkook..."
Did the magic affect him? But why? He isn't part of their lives. Why did the small, shy boy suddenly glow with the darkest ever aura? Long hair, leather jacket. 11 piercings in total.
He chuckled, seeing her in a total array. What was up with her? He never thought that the grade's heartbreaker, bad girl would ever be this flustered,
"That's me."
"Are you high or what?"
"Don't smoke. And I don't drink in bright daylight. Meet me after 8 if you wanna drink..."
"Shut it! Why are you acting like this?"
Girls. They always confuse Jungkook. Why was she acting as if this was something new? As if he hasn't been in his emo phase since the beginning of high school.
"Acting like what Lalisa?"
"Like this whole bad boy Jungkook? You aren't this. You were shy and..."
"I didn't mean to cut you off, but do you even hear yourself? Lisa, you are acting weird. Get your head right back on. Anyways. Since I am the team captain, I just wanted to make a special request to the cheerleading captain. I saw you were practing for hours. Please don't do so if it tires you out. You don't need fancy gestures to cheer our team. Just smile at us from your heart. That would do. Take care, Lali."