12: I believe in myself because I'm a hero

Sierra shuddered rubbing her tears away. Snapping away from the scenario made by her mind. Wish she was brave enough to tell that bastard of without thinking much of consequences. Wish she had it in her to do so. Wish she didn't freeze everytime she's in a situation like this.
A reshuffle of the crowd as the door opens to allow in more passenger. A young man standing in between that pervert and her. Wearing a hoodie and a face mask. Eyes exposed only. That too glaring at the pervert. A husk in his voice. A husk she knows,
"Tell the pervert off, lady. I can't save you. It's on you to save yourself. If I save you today, you'll always wait for a hero. Heroes don't show up everyday. Instead be the hero."

Sierra saw him step away. The exit closed, as he found a seat. The pervert was back at it again. A bit more daring than before. His hands on her waist.
Her eyes closed, taking in a deep breath. Now or never.
He smirked seeing that old pervert falling down, hands clutching his crotch. Pain written all over his face. He saw a glow on her face. A smile. A wide smile.
"Why? Don't like it Ahjussi? Then stop being a dick and don't touch me... Oh too late! You already did."
A horrible incident indeed. Handphones witnessing it all. It's an once in a full moon sight after all.
She made sure that the guy learned his lessons Serves him right. If the only purpose he has of his hands are to molest, then he's better off without hands.

She skipped around. As if she had grown a superpower of her own. The dark street didn't seem frightening again. As if small wisps of light were welcoming her. A hero indeed.
She swang her backpack around. Her precious weapon. What a swing it was! What a hit it was! Gosh! Straight to the police station. Perverts need to stay there and learn their lessons.
Maybe she should thank him. If she could. Only if she could. Tall, long hands, dark hair, grey hoodie.
"Be my own hero. I am my own hero."
She mumbled, clasping her hands against her chest. Eyes glowing. Was it sweat? Was it tears? Was it happiness? A bit of everything please.
Taking in a deep breath, hands acting as funnel on both sides of her lips. Her voice rang in the empty streets,
"Mr. Stranger! Thank You!"

He sat on his windowsill. Gazing at the moon. Sometimes it feels nice to break away from a loop. Would she miss his presence? But he had already met her once today. Meeting her more would make his heart beat twice as much as usual. She won't like that.
His phone rang, making him smile. He was waiting. Just for this one call. His long fingers lazily swirled around the dialler. His voice low and warm,
"Hello."
The delightful female voice chuckled. Soft enough to melt a heart.
"I was waiting for you Taehyung."
"Really?"
Silent for a second. Acting as if he didn't know a single thing. As if he didn't know her feelings. As if he never told her that he wanted to help. He likes to be the tease. Carefully completing his sentence,
"Jisoo."

Sierra felt empty. He didn't come by. Well not like he was supposed to be vome by everyday. But he had turned into her habbit. She never asked him to stroll by, but he did always. But what happened today?
"I waited for you. I always will. Just stroll by sometimes before I can forget you. You have turned into my habbit and it takes 21 days to get over one. Maybe I'll take a bit more cause I have painted you all over myself. But habbits are meant to be forgotten. Know that I waited today."
The stars looked different. So did the moon. It did every night she waited for him. It changed. The night grew more insane as seconds passed. But atleast he was there.
The reflection in the mirror was not herself, as well as her moat desirable self at the same time. From the times when she wante dto colour her hair blue but couldn't because her Mére thpught it was unladylike. Piercings she couldn't get cause she didn't wanna be called a punk. Tattoos. Having male friends. But she didn't like this changes. She was way too sunk in her previous self. That her was actually her. This was not her. This was likeable for an onetime thing. But forever?
Every dawn something or the other changes. An irrational fear that what if one day she wouldn't be herself. No one would know Sierra. They would forget that Sierra existed.

I'm wondering, are you my best friend?
Feels like a river's rushing through my mind
I wanna ask you if this is all just in my head
My heart is pounding tonight, I wonder
If you are too good to be true
And would it be alright if I
Pulled you closer

-V-

Another sticky note. She smiled. Wasn't it sweet? The lines had been deeped in sugar glaze. So sweet and romantic. A secret admirer. She wrote back, out of habbit.

I'm not good with poems and stuff. But I like your attempts. Wanna meet sometimes? I wanna know you.

-S-

No. Something's missing. But what? Sierra's amber eyes scanned the small post it. Quickly rubbing away the sign off. Signing her name this time. Sierra. It's losing it's colours already. Might as well just tell it to someone else. The more who know her name, the more it may stay.

-SIERRA-

"Love note? Eh?"
Jisoo laughed, a smug enough face to make Sierra blush.
"Unnie!"
She whined, hiding her flaming red cheeks. Jisoo laughed, playfully smacking her butt,
"Our maknae has grown up. She has turned into the Juliet herself."
"And what about you? Eyeing your competitor? Kim Namjoon is a whole snack..."
"Girl he is a whole damn meal. But that's not it. It's just he makes me Jjirit-Jjirit-Jjirit. You know?"
Jisoo felt warm. Her eyes glittering. Kim Namjoon, why are you so lovable? The campus' sweetheart wanna be yours. You lucky fella.