Friends.

Y/N POV 

"Oh gosh." Scarlett says under her breath. 

"What?" I peek over her shoulder and my jaw drops. The entire floor is covered in rose petals. This was really not what I was expecting when I got here. 

"You thought he was gonna leave you? Honestly, Y/N the man is in love." Scarlett smacks my arm and backs away from the door. 

"But.. I... no." I mumble out the words. I really want to close the door and walk away. 

"I can pick up my clothes later. Have fun." She winks at me and heads for her car. 

"Scarlett?" I call after her, not wanting to deal with this alone just yet. 

"Yeah?" 

What am I thinking? I can't have her come with me like a safety blanket. "Uh... goodnight!" 

"Night, Y/N. Thanks for letting me stay." She waves and gets into her own car. 

I watch her headlights trail away into the darkness and I sigh as I turn back to the open door. I was concerned about where Chris could be. I took a step in and saw a line of what looked like hand made treats across the counter. I relaxed a bit when I saw boxes lined up in the living room, they looked like they held the stuff I had at his place. This man was giving me some serious mixed signals. 

"Chris?" I called out but didn't get an answer. "Christopher?" I tried again, still no response. "I'm not dumb. I know you're here!" I yell out again.

I hear a bit of movement coming from upstairs. I do something any sane person would do and I grab the shield he had given me from the top of one of the boxes. I'm paranoid enough to worry that its not Chris at all. Even though I'm like 99% sure that was his car I wanted at least something to smack a possible intruder with. 

I walk up the stairs and find a trail of even more rose petals leading towards my bedroom door. My brain kept jumping to the worst possible situations, if I walked in that room and saw him down on one knee I think I would kick him. I mean, isn't it kind of obvious we're over? Like I walked out on him. 

"Chris?" I called out again and this time I was able to relax. I heard a soft chuckle and I knew it was him. "What the fuck? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" 

I walked towards the door and push it open to see him sitting on my bed with Dodger next to him. I raised my eyebrow at the flowers he was holding and the sheepish smile on his face. "Hi." 

"Hello...?" I questioned. 

"Ok um. I'm now just thinking how this looks. Well I started thinking about it once I did it and by then it was too late. So its not anything bad." He glances around as he rambles, "Though I guess its not anything good either." 

"Chris.... please. Take a moment to breath." I walk into the room, placing the shield against the wall. 

"Were you going to attack me with my own weapon?" He asks. 

"I wasn't sure it was you. I was scared." I admit and he looks down at the floor. 

"I'm sorry. This was too much. I should restart." He starts to ramble again. 

"Chris! Spit it out." I walk over to him and shake him slightly. 

"I want to say, I'm sorry." He sits back down onto the bed. 

"Sorry for what? I should say sorry for walking out on you." I sit down next to him and lean back to kiss Dodger. 

"I'm sorry for what I'm about to do." He adds.