Tucked In

Y/N POV 

The longer we were in the car the more I felt the pain. I did notice that Chris's knuckles were split and there was dried blood across his hand but he didn't mention it. When we pulled up to the house there were still lights on inside. He got out and rushed over to my side and he opened my door. Normally I would have refused his help but I had a bit of a bad feeling that I might trip over my own feet. He grabbed my arm and helped me stand up as I wrapped an arm around his shoulders. 

Once we got to the door he reached out to knock but I stopped him. "You got first. I want Rose upstairs. She can't see me like this." 

"Ok." He whispers and I hand him the key from my pocket. I lean against the wall and pull the sweatshirt away from my face. The cut had stopped bleeding a while ago but the pressure helped with the pain. I heard voices inside for a while before the door opened and Chris poked his head out. He reached out and I grabbed onto his arm as he brought me inside. "She went upstairs to put Rose to bed. Rose wasn't happy." 

"I think her seeing this would be worse than her being disappointed in me," I whisper as I grab onto the counter. I make my way over to the sink and I splash water on my face but it stings my hand and my face.

"Scar was kind of freaked." He says and I look up at him. 

"What did you tell her?" I ask. 

"I just told her that she needed to put Rose upstairs." He says and I nod. 

"If you want to leave, I'd understand," I say and he shakes his head. 

"I'm not leaving until I know that you're ok." He walks over and picks up a paper towel as he gets it slightly damp. "Tell me if this hurts." He gently cups my face in one hand and presses the towel around the cut to try and wipe off the dried blood. I flinch away and he freezes when I grab onto his hand. 

"Let me do it," I whisper and he nods as he backs up and hands it to me. "I should get something for your hand." 

He looks down at his hand and closes it into a fist a few times, "It doesn't hurt." 

"I need stuff for my face anyway," I say with a shrug and I move to head to the bathroom to look for anything I could find. 

"I can get it." He says quickly when he sees me stumble a little bit. "Are you sure you're ok?" 

"Yeah. I think I'm just kind of in shock." I explain and he nods. "I really didn't think that was going to happen." 

"That what was going to happen?" Scarlett says as she walks down the stairs. The second she sees me she freezes and her gaze flicks over my face and then down to my grip on the counter before she looks at my other hand to see more cuts. "What the fuck happened?" She rushes over to me and places a hand on my cheek. "Baby, are you ok?" She says quietly and then shakes her head, "Of course, you're not ok." 

"I am ok, Scar. I promise." I grab her hand and kiss the back of it. 

"You were supposed to make sure this didn't happen." Scarlett whirls around to face Chris and he takes a step back. "We both knew she wanted to attack him." 

"Woah!" I say and she looks back at me. "I didn't hit him first. And Chris got there as fast as he could. I'd probably have a few more hits to the face if it wasn't for him." I explain.

"She's telling the truth. From what I saw and heard Colin attacked her. Everyone else in there had to hold him back." Chris says and Scarlett looks back at me. 

"You didn't hit him first?" She asks and I shake my head. 

"I swear I didn't," I say and she sighs. "Though I am kind of pissed you were more worried about me losing my cool over him. Do you not know me well enough to know that I would never do that?"