Surprise!

Y/N POV 

Scarlett is pacing around the living room trying to make the already spotless room look cleaner. "Scar, calm down. Please." I walk over and she just shakes her head at me. 

"You're Mom is coming here!" She says while bending over to grab one of Rose's toys. 

"I know-" 

"And you didn't tell me until she's 20 minutes away!" She tosses the toy at me and I sigh. 

"I didn't know either! Apparently, she went to my place to check for me then when she saw it was for sale and that I wasn't there she called. What was I supposed to say?" I ask and she groans. 

"I need to change." She spins away from me and runs up the stairs. I can't really judge her because I know for a fact I'm going to be much worse when I meet her parents. My Mom is basically the complete opposite of my Dad. He's an asshole and we all hate him while everyone loves my Mom, she's just the sweetest person alive. Why she married him still confuses me. 

Rose comes running down the stairs and holds up a little card she made. It has crayon hearts all over the front and she's beaming at me. "I made this for, Granny." Her words made my heart melt. My Mom is going to be so happy when she hears that, she's been pushing for grandkids since I moved out. 

"Can I read it?" I ask, reaching out. 

"No!" She yanks it away. "It's not for you." 

"I'm sorry!" I say and she giggles before bouncing up and down. "Is she here yet?" 

"She needs like ten more minutes. She's excited to see you." In truth, she didn't know about any of this. When she had called she hung up after I gave her the address and a quick, "See you soon, Bitch." My Mom and I have a pretty interesting relationship. I was an only child and it was just me and her a lot of the time so we kind of became close friends as well as mother and daughter. 

"How do I look?" Scarlett comes down the stairs in black leggings and a flowing white T-shirt. 

"Hmm." I rub my chin and she glares at me. "I'm kidding! You look amazing as always." 

She sighs and then walks over to place her head against my chest, "What if she doesn't approve?" 

"There is no way she won't. She's been begging me to find someone for so long that she'd be fine with anything. She'll be even happier about Rose." I assure her and her arms loop around my neck. 

"Kiss me." She requests in a low voice. 

"With pleasure." I smile and slowly connect our lips in a surprisingly passionate kiss. She really needed this it seems. 

She jumps away from me when the doorbell rings. "Oh my god." She mutters. 

"Scar! Baby. Please. It's ok." I squeeze her hands and then walk over to the door. "Hola, Madre." I greet my Mom as I open the doors. 

"Y/N! It's been too long!" She pulls me into a tight hug and I squeeze her back. "How come you didn't tell me you were selling the house?" She asks as she pulls away. 

"Is that really what you want to talk about?" I ask with a chuckle. 

"Of course! My plan was to retire into your basement. What am I going to do now?" She asks. 

"It was too big for me, Mom. And someone broke in while I was in Florida so I feel safer here." I explain. 

"Someone broke in?" She asks with her eyes wide.

"Can we talk about this later," I beg and she sighs. "There are other people here." 

"Oh! Right." She turns to Scarlett and Rose and her mouth kind of drops open a little bit. "That's... that's Black Widow." She whispers but Scar can definitely hear because she tries to hide a smile.