Options

Y/N POV 

"Honest thoughts?" I ask as I sit down in the driver's seat. 

"Not enough yard." Scarlett decides and I sigh. 

"Scar that was the sixth house this morning." I plug in the next address into the GPS and start the car up. 

"We need space for Rose to go outside," Scarlett says for probably the tenth time today and I nod. She's not wrong it's just hard to find that here. Rose was planning to come with us but last minute she asked to stay with Hunter instead. I guess he promised her that they could do a Lego set together the next time she went over to his place. 

"I agree. There's only one problem." I say and I glance over at her. 

"What?" She asks. 

"This next place is a penthouse on the top of an apartment building. Why are we going when we know there isn't going to be a yard?" I ask and she glares at me. 

"It looked cool! Trust me. It might be worth the lack of yard." She decides and I sigh. 

"I'm going to make you fall in love with my hometown if we ever visit. You will regret living in a city." I decide and she laughs. 

"The city is my home. Good luck with convincing me of anything else." She rests her hand on my thigh so I glance at her again. 

"Want me to be a sap?" I ask and she smiles a little bit. 

"Always." She squeezes my leg lightly. 

"My home is wherever you are. I don't care where we live." I say and with a quick glance at her, I can see faint color on her already rosy cheeks. 

"You're such a flirt." She says and we both laugh. 

"Is it working?" I tease. 

"Obviously." She says and I grin at her. 

She turns on some music for the rest of our drive and the apartment complex is further away than I expected. She must really like this place to be willing to give up so many things she hated about the other houses. 

Once we park Scarlett almost hops out of the car and I follow her to the doors. "How does she always beat us?" She asks as she points at our realtor, Carmen. 

"Because I don't like to be a bully on the streets," I say and she laughs. 

"I have noticed you're a very polite driver." She agrees as we head into the lobby. 

"Welcome to a possible new home!" Carmen says as we meet her in the center. "This is definitely one of the most expensive options on her list." 

"What's the most expensive?" I ask and Scarlett nudges me. "What?" 

"We haven't seen it yet." She says and I huff. 

"It's a Spanish villa," Carmen answers my question. 

"Excuse me?" I say and Scarlett rolls her eyes. 

"We don't have to look at that one anymore. I used to live in one and I just thought it looked cool." Scarlett decides. 

"We can look at anything you want, Scar," I assure her. "I wasn't trying to dissuade you." 

"We already have so many to look at. Plus it's further away than I would like." She promises me and I nod. 

"Y/N?" Carmen asks and I look up. "Did you add a house?" 

"Yes! I added one that a friend recommended." I say and Scar furrows her eyebrows.