Pizza - Chapter 9

I've never been in a situation like this before. Well more precisely i've never put myself in a situation such as this. I mean i did take the ride she offered when we first met but it was in broad daylight and Mrs. Shannon knew who i was going off with. Practicality mattered as people have been taken like this but as i look over to the alluring woman i chose to just ask instead, "Are you going to murder me?"

"What?," we'd reached a stop light so she had the time to look over at me shocked by my words, "No honey the place i'm craving is just far. I'll have you back at your dorm whichever one it is before ten."

It's quiet for a minute when she pulls off again down a road i'm not so familiar with, "Where are we going?"

"Pizza Hut," I double take the driver with her expensive rings and other jewelry alongside the 'I pay the best cooks to cook for me' outfits I see daily.

"Yes, I really said that. They don't have any near campus, only this one that's a few miles away."

"We could've gone to the cafeteria."

"While i truly love the bright minds that come to the university such as yourself; I'm not going to put my trust of a damned good pizza into a student when i already know what i want from pizza hut."

That broke me. I was already chuckling mid sentence. Now I was full out laughing at her sincere statement, "Don't laugh, it's not funny. I tried the cafeteria once and they had burnt pizzas out," I understand that. They did have many other options but i felt living off of noodles from Walmart could keep me going when i took the meal plan off my sophomore year.

She gave me a gleeful smile just as I saw the bright sign of the franchise. It didn't take long to find a park close to eight thirty now. I looked towards Ms. Hart watching her pull a mini purse out of the bigger one unable to stop an occurring thought, "What other foods do you like?"

She took out a card alongside her keys before looking at me and responding, "I would indulge in lies such as salads and other healthy things. But I trust you won't follow my example of junk food. I don't go overboard only when I'm hungry and don't feel like cooking. So basically burgers or pizza if I'm lazy."

I followed her out while nodding before searching around my book bag for my wallet, "That's understandable"

She'd held the door open for me all while clutching her suit jacket to provide some kind of warmth. I've been used to the cold for so long it doesn't take much affect over me. But it's like she'd just moved here or something.

I let her order first which entailed a simple cheese pizza, "We can just share if you want that too. No reason for getting two of the same thing."

"Sure," Smiling at the young man behind the register I push my card in his direction just to be stopped by her swift hand on my wrist with the other doing the same notion.

"It's my treat."

I remember the last boy who wanted to act cool by paying for something for me. It didn't end well for him especially since Cherry was with me and I was fairly drunk. Lets just say he had the attention of two women who were definitely not into him. Going back to the present , I don't feel the threatening glare my heart gives off towards this woman.

I just silently nod, putting my card back into my pocket only to weirdly miss the little warmth her hand did to my wrist. It didn't even take long though i think it was swayed when Ms. Hart threw a tip in. A thought occurred as repayment but hopefully she didn't have anything else to do tonight, "Can I drive back?"