Morning Trouble - Chapter 23

It was cold when I started to wake up. I didn't dare open my eyes since that meant I'd actually have to be awake. I turned over finding something warm to cling onto and even something soft to put my head on. I knew she was awake when her arm wrapped around me pulling me further in. But that soothing comfort lasted only a few seconds as she started to nudge me awake, "I think you want to see this."

I groan but happy the first thing i see is her breasts. I reluctantly look up to her but my attention sways as she points outwards. The bed was positioned in a perfect situation letting the owner see straight out the window. And although I've seen it snow in Helena many times, it looked beautiful from this level. A good coating of snow was built on the pine trees that crowded the window. And more kept coming down which made the sky look foggy although that's mostly because of the clouds.

"Do you know how long it's been snowing?"

"No, i just woke up," Realistically speaking this could lead one of two ways. I know based on Cherry's plan that she's at her parents house now and I should have left last night there too. But based on events now i have to explain that to her. And then there's also the fact that it's snowing. Whenever it does snow here it's not light. That means by any degree of the inches that had already fallen on her balcony, I won't be going anywhere soon.

"I think i need to call Cherry," I pull the covers down really just to see her glorious body basking in the natural light. Then I jumped over her looking around for my hoodie. I know I had thrown it off somewhere up here.

"By the way you were talking about her in your sleep. Something about her being right. And calling me beautiful which i definitely didn't mind," I couldn't help the cackle that escapes from me knowing she'll love Cherry once she meets her. Woah woah slow your roll Cleo we haven't even talked this out damn it.

"I'll um tell you about that later," I finally found the article of clothing laying on the chair in front of the bed quickly putting it on. Though after I was greeted with the lovely sight of her crawling to the front of the bed latching onto the shirt pulling me in. I was hooked on whatever she said after the morning kiss.

"I know I said this last night too but don't be long. We have a few things we need to discuss."

"Well you don't have to tell me twice Ms. Profesor," I knew I had a goofy smile fixated on myself but nevertheless headed downstairs for where I left my phone. Cherry was quick to pick up after I found it and before I could even get a word in she was yelling at me.

"I just woke up and can barely comprehend what you're saying."

"I'd called you a thousand times! I thought the almighty succubus lured you into staying the night or worse you didn't get there in the first place! And now, wherever the hell you are, you're stuck by the inches of snow."

"I'm Sorry i had it on silent before i got here but i did make it to her house. We um... ok first you were right about the attraction thing between Hart and me. And after an embarrassing event we did the dirty."

"Don't talk like a kid just say you two fucked. And do tell me about this embarrassing event and your sentence to jail will lessen."

"No backlash or anything? No 'I told you so'?"

"Oh we'll have so much time for me to say that but currently some gremlins, my cousins, won't leave me alone. I'm literally hiding away in my sister's closet from them. That's also why I wanted you here, because they actually listen to you!"

"I couldn't stop the weather and I definitely wasn't missing something like this."

"I think they've found me... Look, I'll call you later and put your ringer on. And no matter what i am happy but you know damn well i'm gonna tease you about Hart. Be safe and if need be I'll use the gremlins as snow shovels to come get you."

"Thank you... I think?," The line goes dead right before a scream erupts from the other line that I couldn't help but laugh at. Now onto the hard part about sleeping with a professor, talking about the future.