Making Amends - Chapter 30

(Sorry for all the confusion i accidentally used the chapters from Mrs. Write which starts from chapters 18-30. They're all changed for anyone who wants to read the actual story. Again sorry and thank you for those who still want to read my story :>)

"Hello?"

There was a moment of silence as if it took her a moment to realize it was me, "Oh! Cleo It's so good to hear your voice. It sounds so mature too! I bet you've grown up so much since the last time I saw you."

"Well yea i was just starting puberty when you handed me off to aunty."

"No, your father decided he wanted to give you to his sister. That wretched man and his family are dead to me and I want you to come home. There's a private college here closer to home that'll be even better for your masters."

Has she always talked so fast?, "Sorry but no I'm not just up and leaving the school I'm going to. I'm already close to graduating again, so there'd be no point in leaving. Helena is where I grew up and made a life for myself. I have no intention of leaving other than for vacations."

"You're still in Montana? That woman whenever I brought it up said to just ask you as if she didn't already know. And since she's always traveling the world I couldn't ever get ahold of her for a while now. It was a miracle she even gave me your number."

That sounds just like her too. I knew Aunt Rory had a thing against both my parents but even more for my mom, "When's the last time you even tried to know about my whereabouts?"

"...Honey, I want to make amends. And I'm sorry for the way I- no we treated you growing up. You deserved better and I know that now. I'm completely going off what i originally wanted to say but that's a two page document and it might take long. I'm more than willing to come to you and if you don't want to move here that's your decision, I won't push you. But I also have a few other things that I'd like you to know but they should be said in person."

"Like how you've already remarried someone else? By the way she's a rude girl for just hanging up on me."

"That was the last thing I wanted to tell you but yes. And she's a bit intolerable to me as well. She thinks life owes her something even at such a young age. But Cleo honey I fell in love with her father. He's the complete opposite of your father."

"You two were inseparable back then what changed?"

"He cheated and then I cheated on him with Phillis and filed for divorce. I didn't realize it but he's a bit controlling. Listen my love, I want to come visit you. Just pick a week and I will make sure I'm available to come see you. Now I'm going to have a talk with Ava but please feel free to call again. I love

you and miss your voice."

"Ok I will mom."

"Bye my love."

"Good bye?," I second guessed myself in hanging up, hitting my forehead with my phone.

"Why did you end it with a question?," She slapped my arm since we only sat in silence after i finished the call unsure what to think of next.

"I panicked hearing her talk so... well motherly. I feel like a part of my brain forgot that she used to talk so lovingly to me."

"It is easier to recall worse memories than the better ones. Are we gonna call your dad?"

"I think I'm done for the week. I'll just call him within the week."

She handed me my cup and I took a long joyous sip of the perfectly warm drink then slid it back onto the nightstand, "How do you feel?"

"Really nothing changed. Or maybe I'm just still in shock that everything went better than expected. ...I'm sorry dude but we are about to have a sleepover since I'm too sleepy to move."

"Fine, sure it's not a problem. Just don't take all the covers like you did last time or I'm pushing your ass off."

"Rude... And don't have sexy dreams about what's her face. I don't want to feel you humping me in your sleep even though we both know your bottom,"

"I'm telling your aunt you're speaking like this now."

"And just where do you think i got it from?," She nudged me hard but i took it as a win on my side and was glad when sleep finally overcame me.