Cookies - Chapter 32

I hiss when my hand is struck. I rub the pain away, securing both my hands in their original position around her waist. I sighed unhappily to not have stolen a treat for myself but it couldn't hurt to try again. At least I hope it won't, "Do I need to handcuff you to something?,"

"I hadn't even moved after being hit! And can try it out but that's out in another type of situation, plus I contributed as much as you to the cake and cookies and i cant have any?"

"I told you they're for my coworkers and this dreadful Christmas party."

"That's like two weeks away! And you promised I could have a bite."

"I promised I would if you kept your hands to yourself. Which you have not done the whole entire time."

"I only attempted to steal once."

"Yes but before your hands freely roamed me just to try and distract me."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I bumped hips with Faye and started to roam around the room. I'd made two trips around the island purposely disturbing her icing work just to get a rise out of her. My attention soon settled on a picture of a group of women with a younger looking Faye. I remember one of these women since she talked about her at work after i questioned an up to date picture of this brunette and her wife, "So exactly how do you know these ladies?"

"I was in this sorority back in college. I entered college really early so the age difference is outstanding but they didn't love me any less. A few of them I lost touch with though."

"Are you telling me my girlfriend is some sort of genius? Shouldn't you be teaching at an ivy league school then?," I looked up from the picture to her, seeing a look of bewilderment fixated on her face. My brows scrunched up wondering why it suddenly got quiet until I realized what I said. That'd technically been the first time I called her something outside her name or nickname I created.

"Er sorry i meant... y'know... i'll just put this back.," Life could be so much easier sometimes if i didn't make situations awkward. I turned and placed the frame back on her counter and felt shivers run up my back when soft lips attached briefly onto my cheek. She was smiling when I saw her again but that in no way eased my nerves.

"Go over there and finish stirring that," I kept quiet, accomplishing the easy task as after a while she praised what I'd done. I'd tried to leave since I thought she was taking over but instead she pulled me to sit on the stool she was just on.

Faye stepped in between my legs cupping the sides of my face so that i looked up to her, "You know as i've told you already the school doesn't have a rule against us it's still frowned upon.""Yea I know," I don't have to be reminded of that. I mean the only way I can spend time with Faye is either evenings in her office or at the cabin. The first woman I actually want to not just hook up with turns out to be someone I can't even take out. And I really can't take her out since I don't even have a car. My pride kinda took a beating at the romances I could have attempted by now. Thankfully I wasn't the only one who noticed my mood shift, "Hey focus on me. Cleo that doesn't mean i can't be your girlfriend nor would i want you to call me something i'd love hearing out of your mouth. I want to make this work because I sort of see a future with you," She pampered my face with kisses but the longest one lasted on my lips. I was giggling like a damn schoolgirl but I guess it was only a matter of time that the woman had me completely hooked."Sort of? I thought you'd be planning our wedding by now with all those checklists and bulletin boards you have in your office.""You should see my apartment's office. It's just as bad there."I kissed her slowly and kept her close, not wanting this moment to end. But I definitely don't want to be blamed for her not finishing the desert later on, "Hurry and wrap this up, I have a reason to go to bed early now."