Day Off - Chapter 33

I don't know about anyone else but I feel like I'm in heaven. I'm totally gonna brag about this to Cherry later today. I mean who wouldn't want to be woken by a naked gorgeous being. And that's not even the best part since I had an early breakfast that included moans, sheet grabbing, and a side of flexibility if you catch my drift.

I also discovered the best way to get her to say yes to things is right when she's on the edge with a clouded mind. That's how this beautiful morning is now going to be a full beautiful day, "And your positive you got all your school work done?"

"Yes for the millionth time. Now please continue your questionably devine head scratches."

"I haven't missed a day at work since forever. You're a bad influence."

"If that's really true I'd say I'm a great influence! Even if you love your job you need a break every once and a while. If not, what would the sick days even account for Faye?"

I turned onto my back now looking up at the lovely woman, "Wait why do you have your glasses on?"

"I was just about to take them off," I heard a buzz and not the kind that came from the toy i used but instead her phone.

"A day off also means no work emails."

"I Just needed to check one thing!"

"Put it on the nightstand Hart alongside your glasses."

She purposely takes her time doing so, rolling her eyes after the fact, "What if I miss something important. I'm the head of the English department!"

"I'm pretty sure those adults can handle one day without you."

"You'd be surprised to know some of them can't."

"Well they will toda because they have no choice. It's not your duty to make their job more accommodating, especially since they were the ones that applied for it. And I will not be arguing any more on the issue."

I turn again looking for my own phone, noticing right off the bat an email from my advisor. I open it not wanting to take much time on it as confusion takes over me, "This email is sort of... strange"

"Not to pry but what is it about?"

"It's actually from my advisor to apply for Masters graduation. But I shouldn't get that until the end of next semester like I did for my undergraduate studies."

"You know you chastised me about looking through my work email but look at you now."

"This is an exception. Plus I make the rules so no back talk."

"Oh really? Someone should really be overthrown already."

"I wasn't hearing any complaints earlier. And anyway I know I can just put this down and handle it tomorrow," I threw my phone on the other nightstand then pulled Faye down so that we were lying side by side. A couple of minutes passed of simple movements like tracing her curves until she spoke again.

"...Are you going to see your mother the following week?," Oh right that whole thing. On our way back from school she'd texted me saying she'd be in town next week. I was sure that was a fever dream so I quickly told here and we left that back in the car.

"I'll think about it."

"I won't have anything on Monday for you to do. You should go see her."

I grew a bit annoyed feeling the headache of the subject submerging, "Why do you care?"

"I care because you act like you dont. Deep down you're reasonably spiteful of her and your father but at least she's trying to reach out to you. And you haven't even called your dad yet. What if he's just as remorseful as her?"

"It's not my fault they didn't know how to act like parents."

"I never said it was your fault Cleo. I foresee a big storm approaching with the way you hold things in. You need to see her to get things off your chest."

I crossed my arms but took to heart what she said, "You're lucky I like you or I wouldn't even consider it. I was gonna be happy cooped up in my room Monday."

"Who knows what the future has in store for you but I know you deserve the best."

"Thank you... But my head hurts now."

"Welp, I helped you figure out what needed to be done."

"Ok Sherlock Holmes."She smiled and tickled my sides but the one useful thing my parents gave me was the inability of being ticklish, "Just for that, your helping me repot my plants. If you want to see me relaxed, you have to see me in my natural habitat. So get your ass up and get some clothes on.""...I never signed up for this. And you better not complain about the cold either."