What Happens in The Dark - Chapter 48

(Warning: This chapter has dipictions of sexual assault. Disregard this chapter at any point if you feel uncomfortable reading this.)

I have the worst luck. It's as if the forces of nature want my happy boat to sink. And who even knew I was claustrophobic? Because I sure as hell didn't. I never had been but now I miraculously am? But here I am. Stuck in a broken down elevator with responders saying it'd be a few until they're working on it. All while Edith is in front standing unbearingly too close, trying to slow my breathing which isn't working at all. All she's doing is making it worse.

Then the lights went off. I couldn't see but I can damn sure feel what's not meant to be. In the midst of this I knew I dropped my bag and my mind drifted off to the gift inside it. I was too frozen in place and couldn't just force the woman off me to retrieve it. I was just hoping that this nightmare would end and some spectacular superhuman would come and bust down the doors to save me from this doom.

"Didn't you say you were with someone? If so, shouldn't your body not be acting like this?," What is she talking about!? I'm shaking with fear and she can't notice it? My heart dropped when an unwelcome and pretentious hand wrapped around me. It was nothing like Faye's. Faye's felt like a home swadling me with warmth. Hers felt like a cold and hard front that I couldn't escape from, "Your just trembling every which way I touch you. Quite cute of you Cleo."

I didn't like how she said my name just then. As real as this was I could all but compare her to a horror monster chanting my name as if it'd help to get her hands on me. Oh wait look they already are.

The over the clothes touching only let on and I was focusing on trying to say anything. I felt like I could hear my heart when I felt my skirt begin to rise. I could also feel tears rushing out and as soft as my plea was I knew she could hear it, "Please stop."

She started shushing my plea's and kissed my neck. It felt filthy and terrible. I know I flinched away but she again didn't notice my rebuttal.

"I'll take care of you sweety, don't worry," Only Faye calls me that. I ignored the rest of wherever she attempted to touch, blinded with fear though I'll be bound to remember every detail of this later. She was too engrossed in the moment but I listened to every cricket of sound the elevator made.

I could hear it moving. However slow it was, I didn't care. That meant someone was fixing this and I'd be free soon. I just have to endure this.

Almost like a miracle the door opened and light beamed in. I pushed the predacious woman aside as hard as I could. I finally had control over my body and I couldn't care less if she got hurt. I knew I was forgetting something but thank the stars for whoever created pockets in skirts since my phone was there.

With my flats to keep me steady I ran to the farside of the building unfamiliar with my surroundings but I still found a vacant room. Faye was immediately the one who I dialed. She'd wanted to pick me up for work and with the few missed calls I had from her I bet she was waiting.

The line picked up immediately and my body soothed at her voice even with its tone, "I've been calling, Cleo. Did something happen that held you back? I thought you were going to get off early so we could leave together."

Tears were still shedding down my cheeks having already gotten on the house I borrowed from Faye, "I need to burn this shirt. It's ruined now. It doesn't smell like you anymore."

"Wait my shirt? Honey, are you alright? Why do you sound... like your crying? Where are you Cleo?," The water works were on full display today. I hadn't cried in ages and it's like everythings trying to get out now.

"Please come get me..."

"Sweetheart, where are you? I'm inside the building."

"I don't know..."

"Stay on the phone please Cleo," I could hear her asking people questions telling them what I wore and what I looked like. In the instance earlier, I was glad the bursar's office was humongous. But now had I seen where I was headed I could've been in her arms by now. Heels clicking against the concrete floors broke me into another fit of weeping. I don't even know if Edith saw where I ran but she's the last person on earth that I want.

The door flung open and raced into the red head's embrace after I made sure it was actually her, "Cleo?""Take me home please and I'll tell you then I just want to go home."