Head and Heart - Chapter 19

Shutting Cherry's car door, I looked up at the large cabin in awe. She wasn't kidding in explaining its beauty. I quickly rounded the car grabbing my bag with 'just in case' materials and walked up the short staircase leading to the cabin.

I followed the pathway leading to the door taking a moment to really look at the house. It was obviously two stories with a balcony in front of wall length windows but what caught my attention the most was the carving. 'The Leilana' as Hart said was carved beautifully in cursive beside the double doors that lead inside. And even the doors had beautification carved into it with mostly sunflowers.

Reality hit like a bird trying to fly past glass when I landed on my ass. My head hurt terribly but the sight of her made it fade away, "Cleo honey oh god i'm so sorry i didn't know you were there!," Hart said a few things after that but I was sort of dizzy so they sounded drowned out. I focused on her face and the expressions she made, only commenting on something completely unrelated to this.

"Are you not wearing makeup? You look so pretty right now."

Hart held my face and I couldn't stop myself from smiling even more so after she did too though that didn't stop her from a panicked expression, "Cleo are you ok?"

"Right as rain Ms. Hart," She sighed, moving strands out from my face and cupping my chin, "You know I think you fit your last name so well."

She does a bit more of her personal inspection before answering, "I do?"

"Yes, because I know you have a big heart."

She pinches my cheek stifling a laugh but doesn't let the smile on her face fade, "Let's go inside so you can warm up and be settled. You're even shivering if you haven't noticed," She pulls me up and I can clearly feel the pounding going through my head. I even winced as I walked , wondering what kind of strength she needed to put into the door for it to open. But it seemed my witty brain still worked.

"That was just because I used my warmth to keep you hot though I don't think you'll ever need help with your beauty. ...I really thought I was ok but I don't feel so hot myself right now," Inside of the cabin I was greeted with the open space of a living room. She led me over to the first brown couch that was even softer than Cherry's.

"Do you want me to call an ambulance?," Hart kept rubbing the sore spot on my head that most definitely will turn into a bump. She had my head leaned up as she stood between my legs.

"It's not necessary, I just want to lay down," In between speaking she left and i felt too tired suddenly to follow with my eyes sinking into the couch. I closed my eyes for only a second, determined to find sleep but soft hands jolted me awake. Hart cupped my cheek making me look at her and she had returned with a water bottle.

"Cleo, that's how people go into a coma. ...I think. Just stay awake for me for a bit longer. And drink this."

When I didn't take the bottle she unscrewed it herself tapping my lips after. I did so, enjoying the gentle touches after wiping some that didn't make it into my mouth. That did help with the dryness though I didn't know I had. She took her place at my side cupping my cheek again while I continued to study the woman.

Hart wore a beige sweater and blue jeans, something I never thought I'd see. She even had her hair up in a ponytail, letting me notice the piercings at the top of her ears which were usually covered, "Did I tell you how pretty you are?," I watched her plump lips move intently, wanting nothing more to lean in and capture them. And just when i was telling Cherry earlier how there was no attraction here i go prove her right.

"Yes you have and thank you Honey," I hummed and my eyelids felt heavy And I unconsciously leaned against her closing them again, "Cleo I swear if you go to sleep I'm calling the EMT's."

"Mhmm just don't let them have any of the cookies I brought you. Oh! I also hope you like snickerdoodles.," Everything started to go black yet it was peaceful. And even her soft protests to keep awake couldn't do justice to the much needed sleep I needed. I should definitely tell her my trouble with sleep the past few nights when I wake up to calm her down.