Fast Paced - Chapter 34

As it got colder that resulted in actual pants that needed to be worn. Last thing I need is frostbite, especially since the weather reporters can never actually tell what will happen in Helena.

I entered the advisor wing of the business building with my hands still stuffed in my pockets. Obviously even though this is a new building, of course their heating isn't working.

I smiled at one of the other advisors in passing with swarming questions of the email my own sent me. I knocked but entered anyway revealing my 'favorite student' privileges. She paid the interruption no mind, knowing it would be me, "Why Cleo long time no see stranger."

"I sent you a buttload of emails, don't act like I haven't been in contact with you. It's not my fault you can't take ten seconds to see my thoughtful memes."

"Must I remind you I have a job."

"I do too if you don't remember."

"Oh yea and grading papers was sooo hard Cleo? Anyway, sit down and shut up. I'm going to only explain this once since I don't even understand it in its entirety."

"Then how do you expect me to get it on my first try? I'm kinda questioning you as my advisor now," She had on one of her rare 'i mean it' faces so complying this once was the best option.

"Cleo, you know how you got the opportunity to get your CPA certificate before completing your undergraduate?"

"Of course I do. I was struggling to keep up with my coursework on top of what I had to study for."

"Well those classes actually counted towards your current course work and to put it simply you will graduate this winter. I need you to go over to the graduation center right after this. No time to dilly dally since you're late," She looked down to her watch after the fact and looked alarmed as if this wasn't crucial information on my part, "There's nothing keeping you here, go hurry up since Edith is waiting for you. I swear that woman has more free time than what they give everyone else."

She got up from her chair ushering me up and out, "Can't we talk about this a little more? You just dropped a boulder on me and I don't like it when you make serious jokes. I really can never tell when you are."

"It's not a joke. Didn't my email look professional enough?"

"Uh, remember last year when you sent a 'your failing' email to me even though I was passing all my classes. I thought I was going to flunk out had you not told me in hindsight!"

"You started getting my kid hooked on slime. I still have it in nooks and crannies to this day. And anyway I have to get to an online meeting. And even after that I have a bunch of other students I have to meet with about their spring and summer schedules. I already sent your transcript to Edith who filed your last graduation papers so specifically ask for her. And also think about what you're going to do after... well you have until mid-December before your updated graduation date. Now out!"

I stumbled wondering where all the hospitality I was usually- well sometimes I've been met with, went. She'd purposefully always be late to meetings so we could talk. The short walk to my next destination hadn't even given me enough time to register in my current situation.

The sweet although faint southern voice that no doubtedly came from Edith instantly calmed my nerves to some extent. I have to admit when I first met her last year I sort of developed a crush. But I knew it was a no go based on certain properties that included her husband literally working here. He interrupted our meeting albeit five times for stupid things he could've waited for.

She somehow reminded me of Faye even though they were complete polar opposites, "Just the girl I was looking for. This shouldn't take long and then I'll take you to go see Dr. Marshall."

I haven't got a clue as to who that is but I'll lie my heart off if need be, "Why do I need to see him? Is there something wrong?"

"Oh no sweetheart he just wants to go over a job vacancy that Mrs. Shannon thought you'd be perfect for. Oh I'd be so happy if you started working here! With the way Mrs. Shannon praised you and Ms. Hart's recommendation, there's no doubt you'll get it," She paused, placing her hand on my arm after getting noticeably closer to me for whatever reason, "Only if you want to of course."

Faye sent a recommendation? When did she even do that?, "I guess I'll think about it. But I have a lot of other things on my mind. Not to rush but I do want to get this done fast too."She sadly did take that to heart, something I hadn't meant to do but her sadness faded away quickly, "No problem, come on hun."