Epilogue - Chapter 69

Faye pov and seven years later...

I hissed in pain, almost dropping the pan of eggs onto the plate. Somewhere somehow something burned my wrist and it couldn't easily be hidden from Cleo. After several times of this happening we'd made an agreement to just not to talk about it so Eli, with the bountiful set of curls Cleo gave him, jumped off the countertop and went over to the wrapped box he placed on the other side of the kitchen, "Honey, I know you want to give it to Mom now but we have to wait patiently until I finish, okay sweetheart."

He sulked, mirroring the same puppy eyes Cleo had. I came over and ruffled his hair keeping an eye on the bacon so it didn't burn this time, "Ok but you know mom wont like that you burned yourself."

I sighed knowing that was very much true, "Yes honey I know that. She's going to really hurt me but you'll be my little knight in shining armor right, Eli?"

"Mmmm that depends on what I get Mama."

"Oh your just like your mom with that. Ok now i'm finished let's go take her breakfast to her."

"Mom's gonna like my gift better than yours."

"Oh this is a competition?"

"Yep and I'm gonna win," I ran the new burn under water for a bit hoping she wouldn't wake like she usually does after I leave the bed. Then I placed everything on a tray alongside a glass of orange juice and picked it up. I had already hid my gift underneath my pillow when I awoke and the only way for it to be discovered was if Eli played around too much on the bed.

She was sleeping soundly when I walked in with Eli on my tail. With the tray still in hand I nudged Eli forward. He happily jumps on top of her shaking and wailing about until she stirs awake. Cleo sleepily pulls him in front of her, claiming his face full of kisses. Then she fully opens her eyes and smiles at the both of us.

"Happy mothers day Cleo."

She grins, squeezing Eli when he presents his gift and then at me looking awfully happy, "Aww my two favorite people in the world surprising me! And happy mother's day to you too Faye!"

I placed the tray over on my side of the bed and helped her sit up. She was almost close to her due date with Aria and could barely get out of bed without any kind of help, "Thank yo- oh she's kicking, give me your hand."

She excitedly grabs my hand and bares her belly free from a nightshirt that never seems to be from her own closet, placing it over her. Eli sat patiently as we both waited for any sign but nothing came disappointing me, "I think she just doesn't like me."

"That's still undetermined yet. And once she sees your sweet beautiful face she totally will anyway."

She squeezed my hand sincerely overlooking my features as did I to her. Moments like this would spontaneously happen, reminding me of the love I have for this woman. The other presence in the room made himself known though when he yawned and stretched but didn't move from his standing spot next to Cleo.

He had this protective bond with her and hasn't let anyone touch her stomach other than me. Well really only when Cleo makes me touch the area. It was so cute and I'll be sure to tease him about it when he's older. Cleo sneakily ate whilst I made it around to my side of our bed, "Baby come here I know your sleepy. I told you you didn't have to wake up as early as me."

"Yea but that would've meant you would've given your gift before me."

Cleo laughed as Eli climbed over her, almost knocking the bacon out of her hand and settled in between us, "So competitive just like you momma."

"I'm not really-"

"You fought with another mom for our delivery room."

"I paid for the best."

"It wasn't the only room."

"Yes but it had the best view from the window that I knew you would love. It was even the first thing you tried to show Eli when they gave him back."

"My legs were a trembling mess. And you wouldn't stop telling me to sit down."

"Didn't stop you either," I covered Eli's eyes and leaned over to kiss Cleo. She happily accepted and ran her hand up and down the arm I placed beside her to keep my balance.

"Ewww i know you two are kissing!"

We laughed again in unison and just as I was pulling away she grabbed my arm, "Did you burn yourself!"

She looked livid and in an attempt to back my own child betrayed me and straddled my back making me slip and fall over Cleo, "Crap!"

"OOOOOOOH! You have to put money in the swear jar!"

Cleo thankfully got him off and I struggled getting myself back onto the bed, "We'll let it go just this once though. But please go apply the burn ointment."

"Mhm yea so generous. I swear I'm the only one filling it up and it's almost full."

"I wonder whose fault that is," I got up and went into our bathroom, quickly grabbing the ointment hearing some giggling from the outside, trusting that my gift wasn't found.

When I returned the tray was gone and the two were both looking at me expectantly, "Come over here."

"What did you do?"

"Oh nothing, just come here so I can give you something," I hesitantly walked toward the two wondering what tricks they have up their sleeves. Instead something white was thrusted in my face and took it, cursing in my mind that I didn't have my glasses on her side, "Though it won't happen now. I was thinking after Aria's birth we could travel to Europe. We were talking about traveling and you had it on your bucket list and It'd be a nice family experience."

I got the picture of what it was even picking out an airplane symbol on the ticket through this blurry haze. I chuckled, thanking her nevertheless for her gift and tilted over to kiss her forehead then her lips, "I thought you wanted to go to Rome."

"What do you mean?," I pointed at the hiding spot and let Eli do the work, taking out my own box with tickets to Italy inside. When Cleo opened it with Eli obviously peering in, she only laughed and both were clearly ecstatic.

"We're going on two trips!"

"Yes yes we totally are but first we need your sister out and a little rest time for your mom."

It was too late. Eli was up, out and at it like he was on a sugar rush he had weeks prior, "There goes a peaceful morning. He'll probably already be packed by the end of the day."

"Yep." She popped the p at the end of that looking all too innocent.

"I am so happy I met you," She smiled and I moved her right leg to sit in front of her.

"The burn hurts doesn't it."

"So so bad. I need you to kiss it to make me feel better," She snickered and raised my wrist lifting the now bandaged area to her lips and doing just so.

"There all done. And I'm happy I met you too. You really just have no idea how lucky I was to have scored you." I have to admit I was taking the way she was looking at me in a whole different manner but tried to keep it pg-13. So instead I kissed her cheek and hugged her tightly. And just as Eli came in and jumped on the bed flailing his arms I quickly grabbed him to pull him into our hug before he had a chance to run off again. In one last effort to feel everyone I placed my hand on her belly once more and gasped feeling movement, "I told you she loves you already."

"Should've believed you."

The End Folks (Imagine the looney toons ending song)

And also thank you for reading!!!