Hiding and Waiting - Chapter 52

Cleo pov

Yesterday after I discreetly met with Ryan to get the recovered tapes, I went to file a lawsuit as well as a restraining order that'll go in place after the suit is finished. And today I came in and went straight to Mr. Marshall with the intention of giving these news as an explanation as to why I've been gone. He was shocked at its content and chose not to watch any further midway through, "I'm sorry that this happened to you."

"It's not your fault so don't be."

"With the complaints against her and now this, she will be gone in the hour it takes HR to get someone out to remove her."

"That's all I want sir. That and continuing to be employed under you."

"Julie said heaps about you and believe it or not if she ever directly talks to me about someone there going to be staying here for a couple of years. If our reputation hasn't been stained too much that is."

"Again as I said last Friday I have no intention of leaving too soon. I don't want anyone hogging the cupcakes Julie brings, especially since I get the first pick now."

"Let me get this sent out and please enjoy the rest of your week off. And happy graduation. I'm sad they canceled the program but still celebrated the occasion."

"Trust me I will and I'll see you next Monday, Mr. Marshall."

"Please just call me Jack, Cleo."

"In your wildest dreams sir."

________________________________________

With that off my chest now all I had to do was wait. After exiting the building I went to Faye's parked car that was expertly hidden in the parking lot behind two other cars. Then there was Faye, fit in blue jeans and her coat shivering from the weather but she did refuse to not just wait in the car.

When in front of her I leapt into her arms laughing for a bit as I could literally hear her teeth chattering against one another. She kissed my temple with her cold yet soft lips and then we hopped into her car, "Thank you for waiting and before you ask I'm all fine and dandy. And did you get the popcorn?"

"I have wine too. Only for you though since I'm driving. And chips because who even likes caramel popcorn."

"You cannot kick them down until you actually try them. Don't make me sneak one in your mouth while your sleeping."

"I'll make sure to keep an eye out for you then. When will Cherry be here?"

"She said she couldn't make it but to send her the video. Then she berated me for not telling her and now I have a date with destiny Friday."

"I kinda foresaw that. And if this gets out to her parents, me and you are dead. I don't even wanna know what your mom will do to me. "

"Oh look! That's the buff security man that's always hanging out in security. I think his name was Evan. I met him when I needed to get my ID card for the building. He's actually a big ol' softy but I've heard his 'mean' side kicks in when needed."

"I wonder if they're gonna just throw her stuff out. That'd be a nice sight to see."

"I wish the police would send me their videocam to serve her tomorrow. I tried to bribe them with so many donuts to no avail!"

"Honey, please don't ever do that again."

"...I only wanted to see what my chances wer-," I did a double take outside and pulled her sleeve as I slid down in my chair just to where I could still see out but no one could see me. Faye got the memo as we both stared as Edith walked out being dragged by the arm by Evan. We, well i could hear her swearing at him but she obviously couldn't do anything about her situation. In between all of this one of the owners of the cars shielding us had left, leaving that to be a possible problem.

Marshall was the next to come out of the building holding a box of what must be a few of her things. Edith was fuming but shut up when she saw him and Evan stepped away as Marshall handed her her things. I don't know what Marshall said to her but if looks could kill he would've been far gone by now.

Edith began to leave but she did momentarily stare over at our direction, "She can't see us right?"

"I don't know. Just get down lower. Wait, does she know what your car looks like?"

"I sure damn hope not."

When the woman did stop staring she just walked away somewhere, maybe her car. Who knows and who cares all know is good riddance, "Well that's now taken care of."

We sat in silence for a bit and I continued to just munch on my snack, "You wanna go celebrate a little while later. I haven't properly congratulated you on your masters and you deserve it."

"I'd like nothing more than to be spoiled by you. Onwards before the scary witch comes back to haunt us."