Chapter 28 - The Innocent Man

Peter Pettigrew got up and looked wistfully at Professor Lupin and Sirius Black.

"Remus...Sirius...my old friends!"

Sirius Black and Professor Lupin looked at him in disgust. Peter Pettigrew turned and looked around us, landing his eyes on Harry.

"Harry, look at you! You look so much like your father!" He grinned.

"How dare you speak to Harry!" Sirius lunged for Pettigrew. "How dare you talk about James in front of him!"

"You sold James and Lily to Voldemort! Didn't you?!" Lupin exclaimed, pointing his wand at Pettigrew.

Pettigrew flinched at hearing Lupin's words. "I didn't mean to! He threatened to kill me! What would you have done, then?!"

"I would have died rather than betray my friends!" Sirius yelled.

Lupin and Sirius turned to Pettigrew with their wands raised, preparing to kill him.

"No!" Harry yelled. "The dementors can have him, and Sirius can clear his name."

"No!" Pettigrew wailed.

I watched in disgust as Pettigrew crawled towards Ron.

"Ron, I've been a good pet, haven't I? You're a kind master...you're on my side."

Ron's face curled into an expression of clear revulsion. "I let you sleep on my bed!"

Lupin, Harry, and Sirius wrapped ropes around Pettigrew with magic and carried him off out of the Shrieking Shack. Hermione and I took Ron's arms on our shoulders as we helped him, seeing as he couldn't walk with his injury.

"Sorry about the bite." Sirius said to Ron as we walked the dark path underground. "Reckon that hurts a bit?"

"A bit? A bit?! You almost tore my leg off!" Ron exclaimed. Hermione groaned from Ron's wiggling just as Sirius chuckled a little.

"I was going for the rat. Normally, I have a very sweet disposition as a dog." He grinned back at us, and I could tell that Ron was not the slightest bit amused.

"You're awfully familiar, by the way." Sirius said to me.

"Excuse me?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah. Silver head of hair. Pale, ghost-like skin. You must be Alfred Silvermade's daughter?" He asked.

"You know my father?" I asked.

"Well, you do look quite like him." Sirius mused.

"But it's not your father I know. It's your mother, Eleanor Selwyn." Sirius continued, an amused look on his face. "She's in my year, although in Slytherin. Used to date her back then."

My mouth fell. "You dated my Mum?"

"Yeah. From fifth to seventh year. Of course, the relationship couldn't really go on any further after we graduated." Sirius said.

"Quite a bit of a surprise when I got the news that she married Alfred, seeing as he was a few years older than us, and is well acquainted with Lucius Malfoy. Is he still?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "Um...yeah. But is that such a bad thing? Being acquainted with Lucius Malfoy?"

"Well the Malfoys are a self-serving lot. A bit too arrogant for my taste, and all absorbed in their beliefs of blood purity." Sirius rolled his eyes a bit. "Reckon they haven't changed."

"No, they haven't. His son is in our year too. Slytherin just like Y/N is." Harry said. "He's just as horrible as his father."

"I'm friends with Draco, is that supposed to make me a horrible person too?" I stated.