Chapter 50 - The Three Champions

The bell rang for Lunch and I made my way towards the Great Hall with Theo, Blaise, and Draco. Pansy and Daphne were still at Hogsmeade and would probably have their lunch there, so I was stuck with the three.

I was exploding inside after having heard the conversation between the three boys, and it took every ounce of myself to push the thoughts at the very back of my head. There was no point in getting excited about what Draco said about me — he wasn't even sure if he liked me. And in regards to Blaise and Daphne, I won't be saying anything of course, because I don't want to ruin it for the two of them, and besides it is solely their business.

When we walked in the Great Hall, there was already quite a number of students there, some were eating lunch, and some were still looking over at the Goblet of Fire. I saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione eating, with Fred and George sitting a few seats away, both back to being red heads and beardless.

We sat on the Slytherin table and started eating as well. There were talks about some of the other students putting their names in the Goblet — I've heard that Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor had entered her name a while ago.

Just as we finished eating, the doors of the Great Hall opened, and in came Madame Maxime with her students following behind. They formed a straight line in front of the Goblet, and one by one the Beauxbatons students entered the Age Line and dropped their slips of parchment into the fire. The blue-white flames sparked a little as each name was entered, as if giving a sign of acceptance.

I turned to Blaise, Theo, and Draco whose eyes were now glued at the girl they were talking about last night during the Feast. She entered her name, then looked around with a satisfied smile on her face after she stepped out of the Age Line. I noticed that every single male in the Great Hall were staring at her, and was sighing in disappointment when she left the hall with Madam Maxime and the rest of the Beauxbatons students.

Somehow this scene was oddly familiar to me. I thought back to the World Cup and how the men reacted to the Veela dancing, it was like this — although a lot more toned down.

My thoughts were interrupted by the people who entered the Great Hall next. Two people walked in, both marching with heavy steps, and both had a scowl on their faces.

The Hall immediately became silent as all eyes were on Viktor Krum and his Headmaster, Igor Karkaroff. Krum walked towards the Goblet, dropped the parchment containing his name, and then with one quick look around the Great Hall, immediately left with Igor Karkaroff behind him. It was a quick event with not much fanfare, but there sure was much chatter about him afterward — Viktor Krum is after all, a celebrity in some sense.

By mid afternoon, Daphne and Pansy had returned from Hogsmeade. The three of us had convened at our dormitory, as they showed me their purchases from Gladrags Wizardwear.

I had to keep myself in check while I talked to Pansy and Daphne — mainly Daphne — because I did not want to slip up about what I heard. I could only pray that Blaise hurries up and asks Daphne out just so I can be rid of this urge to blabber it to her.

When the bell rang for dinner, we had changed into our robes — something that we don't normally wear on weekends, but was instructed to do so — and proceeded down to the Great Hall for the Halloween Feast.

There were no plans for any party afterwards like last year, although in the instance that Cassius Warrington gets chosen, Slytherin would definitely throw one hell of a party — although chances of that are slim. Very slim.

The Great Hall had been decorated to the nines as per usual during Halloween. Live bats were fluttering around the enchanted ceiling, while hundreds of carved pumpkins are placed at every corner, and there were also streamers of black and orange strewn about. The Goblet of Fire was no longer in the center of the Hall, but was instead situated at the top of the platform once again. Everyone took their seats as the teachers' table filled with the Professors, Headmasters from the three schools, Mr. Crouch, and Mr. Bagman.