Chapter 73 - The Three Broomsticks

If you told me during my first year at Hogwarts that on my fourth year I'd be dating Draco Malfoy, I would've immediately have you sent to St. Mungo's for being a lunatic — but here I am, calling the very person I used to despise the most my boyfriend.

Over the following days since Draco and I finally communicated about our feelings, I've been slowly letting the rest of my friends who weren't present to see it all unfold know that Draco and I are finally dating.

Cedric was the first I informed, only because I bumped into him the very next day on my way to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"Y/N!" Cedric greeted me with a one-armed hug.

"Hey, Ced." I grinned widely. "Great timing. I have news."

Cedric, who's quick on the uptake, immediately gaped at me.

"You finally confessed!"

I sheepishly smiled. "Well, not really. It actually all came out in the middle of a heated argument."

"An argument?"

"Yes." I nodded. "Anyway, despite the way it was said, I technically did confess."

Cedric tapped his chin as he stared at me. "By the huge smile on your face and the undeniable happiness reverberating from you, it's evident that it went well."

I couldn't help but grin wider as I blushed. "Yes."

"Congratulations, Y/N." Cedric smiled warmly at me. "I'm really happy for you."

I looked at Cedric and saw that he was full of sincerity as he said this, and it tugged at my heart. I bit my lip back, trying to not tear up because of the guilt I felt.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "You're thinking of apologizing, aren't you?"

I averted my eyes from him and nodded.

Cedric sighed as he smiled at me. "You never have to apologize to me, Y/N."

"But —"

He shook his head at me before I could even continue. "You're my friend first and foremost, Y/N. If you're happy, then I'm also happy."

Overcame with emotions, I quickly pulled Cedric into a hug. "Thank you, Ced. You're a really great friend."

"I really hope you don't cut ties with me, even though I deserve it because I've hurt you way too many times." I continued as I stifled a sob.

"That won't happen." He chuckled softly as he patted my back. "I'll always be here for you, Y/N."

It was a bit of an emotional affair to be honest, and I may have gone off to breakfast with a runny nose and red eyes. But that was nothing compared to when I told Harry, Ron and Hermione, although for different reasons.

Hermione was happy and supportive of me. Harry and Ron, on the other hand, had some not so tasteful words to say.

"What?!" Harry exclaimed loudly when I told them about it during the many times we waited for Hagrid to show up outside his hut.

"Why are you suddenly dating Malfoy?!" Ron quickly added.

I raised one eyebrow as I pointedly looked at the two of them. "You knew I liked him."

"Yes, but you were getting along so well with Cedric!" Harry almost whined. "Just go date Cedric!"

"Yeah!" Ron nodded along. "Diggory is loads better!"

"Don't be ridiculous." Hermione rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Y/N can date whoever she wants to, even if it's Malfoy."

"It's Malfoy!" Ron knitted his eyebrows together. "He's a foul git!"