Chapter 68 - The Yule Ball I

When Hermione and I entered my dormitory, Pansy and Daphne were already there, laying out their gowns, shoes, and jewelries.

"Hey, I brought Hermione with me to get ready with."

"Hi, hope it's alright that I crashed your getting ready party." Hermione grinned at the two girls. Pansy and Daphne greeted her back and had assured her that it was definitely alright that she came.

Seeing as I was wet and dirty from playing in the snow, Pansy forced me into the bathroom to take a shower and freshen up.

When I got out of the bathroom, Pansy's black hair was already made up into a sleek high ponytail, and she was already focused on fixing up Hermione's hair. Daphne on the other hand was still in the process of curling hers.

Scattered on the vanity table was a couple of identical looking bottles, I picked one up to read the label just as Pansy doused Hermione's hair with it.

Sleakeazy's Hair Potion

"What's this?" I asked, lifting the bottle up.

"It's to help tame the hair. Hermione brought it, and it was great help." Pansy said, applying another liberal amount onto Hermione's head.

It seemed to be very effective as Hermione's previously bushy brown hair was now straight and shiny.

"You should also get to fixing your hair, Y/N." Daphne said just as she finished curling her long blonde hair.

"I just need to dry it." I pointed my wand to my head, and a hot stream of air came out of the tip, immediately drying my hair.

"All done."

"You can't have your hair be that simple." Daphne frowned.

"It's fine." I replied. "I don't have any idea what to do with it anyways, and putting it in my usual everyday ponytail doesn't seem Yule Ball worthy."

"Having it like that is also not Yule Ball worthy." Pansy protested. "That gorgeous silver head of hair needs to be styled!"

I shrugged. "It looks nice falling on my back too."

Pansy was looking fairly annoyed as she beckoned me to her after she finished putting Hermione's hair into an elegant up-do.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Come here, Y/N. I'll do your hair for you."

"But —"

Pansy glared at me sharply, and I decided to keep my mouth shut. There was no stopping her anyways, so I might as well just give in.

"What are you going to do with it?" I asked.

Pansy rolled her eyes. "Just sit tight, and shut it."

"Brace yourself." Daphne teased as she helped Hermione with putting on makeup.

I groaned. "Why do we have to make all this fuss?"

"It's the Yule Ball!" Pansy said excitedly. "And besides, you're going with the most handsome guy at Hogwarts so you ought to look your very best."

I chuckled. "Guess I'm not good looking enough for Cedric."

"You are, but you know everyone would nitpick at you just for being his date." Daphne said.

I sighed. "Fine, do whatever you want."

Pansy squealed as Hermione and Daphne laughed at her over the top excitement and my obvious lack of enthusiasm.

I decided to just close my eyes while Pansy worked on my hair. Since I'm sitting here for Merlin knows how long, I might as well get a nap out of it.

***