Chapter 10 - The Hogsmeade Visit

It was Saturday and it was the first time we were all going to Hogsmeade. I got up from my bed, still groggy from last night.

I had stayed up late to pen a letter to my parents, informing them that I made Chaser and that I have miraculously survived the first week of the term, hoping I do so as well for the remainder of the year.

I also included in my letter — specifically addressed to my Father — that Malfoy was lying about whatever happened during Care Of Magical Creatures with the Hippogriff.

I told them that Malfoy had just embellished the details and that it was only a scratch on his arm. I figured my Father and Lucius were friends enough to talk about these things and that he should set things straight with the older Malfoy.

"Come on, Y/N! We're going to Hogsmeade today!" Pansy excitedly shook my shoulders as I got up. "Get dressed!"

"Alright, Pansy. Merlin, where's this burst of energy for the mornings during the weekdays?" I said to her as I made my way towards the bathroom.

I stared at my reflection as I brushed my teeth, almost choking on my toothbrush when I saw my eyes.

My eyes that used to be icy blue had now turned into a stormy silver color. What is going on?!

I rinsed my mouth and splashed cold water on my face. I looked back at my reflection, feeling scared, but was relieved to see that my eyes were blue once again.

I shook my head, wondering if I had just imagined that because I was still sleepy.

I took a shower and got dressed in a checkered mid-thigh skirt and a turtleneck sweater. I pulled on some grey socks that ended just below my knees and wore my beige boots to complete the outfit. I slinged a brown bag across my body to stuff my wand, money bag containing a few galleons and sickles, and my Hogsmeade permission slip.

"I'm all set

"I'm all set." I called to Daphne and Pansy who were dressed in casual clothes as well.

We all walked down to the common room to meet Theo and Blaise, who we made plans with just after dinner.

I was surprised to see Malfoy waiting with them. He was wearing a black button down with the sleeves rolled up to the crook of his elbows, revealing the veins on his arms — one arm no longer slung in fabric but was still bandaged — he had it tucked loosely in his black jeans, making it look less formal and more relaxed. His platinum blonde hair and pale complexion complementing the all black look perfectly.

Is he going to Hogsmeade or walking the runway? Seriously.

"Like what you see?" Malfoy asked me with his eyebrows raised, noticing that my eyes were looking up and down at him.

I fought the blush creeping on my cheeks at being caught. "'Not even a bit. Why are you here,  Malfoy?"

"I'm going to Hogsmeade with my friends, same as you." He replied as we all walked out of the common room and made our way to the courtyard.