Chapter 60 - The Gryffindor Party

"I said, what is going on here?" Draco repeated, anger crept into his voice.

"I don't think it's any of your business, Malfoy." Cedric scowled.

"It is my business!" Draco snapped. "You were hugging Y/N!"

"And so?" Cedric tilted his head tauntingly. I could see Draco starting to clench his fists.

"Enough already." I said to the two of them.

"What is going on?" Blaise's head peered behind Draco, followed by Theo.

"Oh. Hello, Diggory." Theo said. "Congratulations on getting past the dragon."

"Wicked move turning that stone into a dog." Blaise said in agreement.

The tension was somehow diffused by the appearance of both Blaise and Theo, and I was grateful for it because I was worried to have a repeat of what happened at the World Cup between Draco and Cedric.

"Thanks." Cedric mumbled, obviously caught off guard. He then turned to me, and slightly smiled. "I should go ahead, Y/N."

"Sure." I said. "Good night, Ced."

With a wave of goodbye, Cedric then made his way out of the dungeons.

I walked inside the common room, passing by Draco without so much as a word.

"What was that about?" Draco demanded as he followed me.

I found out that Daphne and Pansy were also there, sitting by the couch near the fireplace, watching the scene unfold before them.

"Why were you and Diggory hugging?"

"Whoa." Theo's eyes widened. "You and Pretty-Boy Diggory were hugging before we appeared?!"

I rolled my eyes and ignored Theo, turning my attention on Draco who was obviously still riled up.

"Why are you so insistent on knowing?"

"Just answer the question." Draco retorted.

"No." I said defiantly. "Cedric's right. It is none of your business."

There was no way I was going to tell Draco that the reason why Cedric was hugging me was because he was comforting me for having cried my eyes out at feeling guilty for having to reject his romantic feelings. There was also absolutely no way that I would tell Draco that another reason why I cried was because I had imagined him rejecting my feelings too.

"It is my business!" Draco yelled.

"No, it isn't!" I yelled back.

I noticed that everyone in the common room, along with our group of friends, were now intently watching us. I sighed and calmed myself down, thinking that it was ridiculous how Draco was getting angry over nothing.

"Look, Draco." I said gently. "I don't want to argue. And honestly, there's no reason to have an argument either. It was just a hug between friends. I hug Harry, Ron, Theo, Blaise — I even hug you. I don't understand why you're this agitated."

Draco's face softened, but there was still evident annoyance as he spoke. "Then tell me, what was the reason Diggory hugged you?"

"Fine." I groaned, giving in at his insistence. "Cedric was comforting me."

"Why would you need comforting?"

I narrowed my eyes. "Now that really is none of your business, Draco."

"But —"